1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.02OEA Gameboot.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ICDWILL61, Jan 28, 2007.

1. ICDWILL61

ICDWILL61 Member

How do I change the gameboot on a 3.02 OEA PSP?

Thnks
    -Will

2. 5lackr

5lackr Member

I recommend you find Gameboot Mod. It allows the gameboot to be ran from your memory stick instead of flash0. Which will allow a larger one to be loaded and makes changing it a breeze.

3. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

he was asking how to flash it. not where. u can use psp filer (expert) or u can use x-flash (noob friendly)...and the memstick gameboot loader....isnt the best. u have to have the memstick in in order to see what u worked for. I dont use mine all the time. I hexed a prx so that it loads it from flash1:\ instead. There is also plenty of room there as registry settings, whatnot is stored there, and its not very much in relation to size.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  4. ICDWILL61

ICDWILL61 Member

Whats latest version of Xflash and where can I get it?

5. 5lackr

5lackr Member

Don't be a jerk. I suggested he look for the file. I tried to flash a custom gameboot myself and was limited by size. So I was merely giving him another option.

6. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

I wasnt being a jerk. I was merely pointing out that he asked a completely different question then what ur answer was for. Then explained the cons of the memory stick gameboot loader. Yes it is a good idea but i'm not a fan of it so i made an alternative. Im sure people wont like my version of the opening_plugin.prx (which i havent released yet because i think its been done)...so if u want to talk about that feel free.

psp-hacks.com or google x-flash...i think the latest is v18k.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  7. 5lackr

5lackr Member

pfft...

8. guano

guano Regular member

The OE series still doesn't offer much room in flash when it comes to modifications. So here's the skinny:

Dummy the two font files - xxxxx.bwfon and jpn0.pgf both of those are roughly 1MB. After you dummy these by copying ltn0.pgf (roughly 67kb) and renaming to the two aforementioned font files, you will have cleared up roughly 2.5MB of F0 space. Now you can use any size gameboot you like. You will also have enough room for your topmenu and opening_plugins if you have done any modifications to them. You can also use the reboot prx which will save you an additional 30kb or so. Not a huge deal a/f/a saving the 30kb, but the reboot prx is a must have.

I was thinking of making this a seperate thread, but I think it's already been covered. If this hasn't been covered and someone thinks it should be PM me. But it should have already been covered as it's old news by now.

9. 5lackr

5lackr Member

Have you noticed a swap in the use of the buttons when using the reboot.prx with 3.03 OE-C?

10. guano

guano Regular member

No. My select button is O and has not changed. This has nothing to do w/ the system.ireg and system.dreg; there's no way it could. It's only changing the functionality of an option. Besides, in the off chance it does get changed somehow from using the reboot prx, you can always go into recovery mode a change it back.

11. 5lackr

5lackr Member

No I mean when you actually use the reboot. I have rebooter v.2 I believe. I installed it on 3.02 OE-B and it work a specified (X to reboot L+X to shutdown). Now it does the opposite (L+X reboots and X shutsdown). I don't understand why they changed or if it is just my machine.

12. guano

guano Regular member

Well on mine, all I have to do is tap O and it reboots. But if I hold O, it shuts down. I don't have to hit L at all. :D I guess I got lucky. Another thing that makes this feature nice is, I installed it under savedata_plugin.prx. On my PSP, I am always in GAME b/c I don't watch movies and I don't listen to music. So all I have to do is go up one icon and reset. I never used my savedata at all b/c I never edit or delete, so that was the perfect place for mine. Btw, mine is the first version. Try that.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  13. 5lackr

5lackr Member

Thanks, I'll give that a try.