1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03 downgrader concept

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by chaos2469, Jan 12, 2007.

1. chaos2469

chaos2469 Member

i should hope a firmware dev catches this thread... preferably dark_alex.... what if instead of making a downgrade you edit the eboot to trick the psp into thinking its an update,,, i dont program or anything so dont make fun of me if this is a really stupid comment but i just thought it was worth a shot at commenting

2. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

That was how the MPH 2.0 downgrader worked, by tricking the PSP into thinking it was 1.0 instead of 2.0 I think.

But Sony patched that from 2.01 onwards.

3. imadudeok

imadudeok Regular member

2.81+ downgrader is a dream its will never happened.

4. chaos2469

chaos2469 Member

allright that was worth a shot i guess

5. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Poor grammar aside, that's what many said about not only 2.0 but also 1.5

T'was a glorious day when the PSP Dev team released swaploit.

*Stares nostalgically off into space*

6. skit

skit Regular member

Yea, I think it's safe to say that comments like those should be kept to yourself. I can't even count how many times I heard that about firmware 2.71, and yet, it was hacked.

And pertaining to this topic, what if instead of making the update think the firmware is a lower version, make the update think that the update is a higher version. o_O I don't know if that even made since, but yea. lol Like, instead of the update thinking the psp is lower, make the update seem like its a higher version than the psp's firmware.

7. chaos2469

chaos2469 Member

yeah, see that was what i was getting at, could it be done tho, i know that the mph 2.0 downgrader made the psp think it was 1.0 to "upgrade" to 1.5, but what if you made a firmware file out of 1.5 that made 3.03 think that the 1.5 file was, say, 3.04 or something to that effect, that is why i hoped that dark_alex would stumble across this to tell me if i am loosing sleep over nothing or if i have something here. chances are that they thought of this once before and it diddn't work, but i haven't head of such an occurance. anyway, yeah, i guess you get the point. hopefully it's a good idea and we have a 3.03 downgrader soon, if not, let the wait continue i guess.
    p.s. sry for the long post, just had to get it all out!!