1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03 leftover files?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mrmcman, Jun 11, 2007.

1. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

can someone please supply a link to where it says a psp cant use the 3.03 downgrader multiple times due to leftover files? i have done it many times, with a TA-079, and even with a TA-082+ mobo, as displayed in my signature.

2. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

I thought I read it somewhere in the readme for the 3.03 downgrader.

I'll check it out. Maybe someone here already knows though.

~Rich

EDIT: From psp-hacks.com

Warning: After downgrading from 3.03 to 1.5, there are some remnants of 3.03 left in flash. If you later try to re-upgrade to 3.03 and repeat the downgrade, things will break. At some later point, Fanjita will work on a cleaner downgrader, that will remove these extra files. Until then, enjoy! (Don't worry, upgrading to 3.10OE firmwares still works fine).

From the readme from the dg.

Warning
    -------

Do not upgrade back to 3.03 or you will brick your psp, but you CAN upgrade to 3.10oe.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  3. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

ok thank u. i never read the read-me, just the instructions on the site i used. better not try it again, eh?

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

I thought that was a corrupted IDstorage key or something like that. If you upgrade to 3.03 again, the key will still be corrupted, and will brick if downgrade. Sony also knows about this, and updater later than 3.30 will detect this corrupt key and refuse to run. So you will be stuck on like 3.03 forever.

However, after 3.30OE, the key was fixed. So you should be able to upgrade/downgrade to whatever you want. (Again, there are always risks, so don't hold it against me if you brick.)

Edit:
    mrmcman, I see in your history, you have upgrade to 3.40oe before attempting downgrade from 3.03 again. That might be why you didn't brick.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  5. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

lucky me haha.