1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03 OE-A Question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by GR13, Jan 8, 2007.

1. GR13

GR13 Regular member

Hy guys.. Got a simple question. Once I have succesfuly installed the new 3.03 OE-A firmware, Can I eliminate the 303oeflasher, 303oeflasher %, oeupdmaker and the oeupdmaker % folders in order to increase the amount of memory in my PSP or will this affect my PSP and will not allow me to play games correctly or any other problem?

Thanx in advance

2. BludRayne

BludRayne Member

You can get rid of those files as they are no longer needed. I formatted the memorystick to make sure there weren't any uneeded files.

3. GR13

GR13 Regular member

I made a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it !! I formatted my memory stick and now it dosent recongnize any games NOTHING!!! HELP ME PLEASE !!

4. spydah

spydah Member

How do I upgrade from 1.50 firmware to the new 3.03 OE A one? I havent done much with my psp in months and just heard it was a newer and better firmware which allows me to play psx iso's and psp iso with out dev hook. I know this sounds like a noob question i know how to do everything else i just having had the time to do any research i work a lot.

5. GR13

GR13 Regular member

@spydah... Here's what you have to do: Download these file and follow the instrucions. It is really simple. Once you have done that, just create a folder called ISO in the root of your memory stick and put your iso's there. There is no need of any kind of emulator. The PSP will recognize the game and will allow you to play it. Here are the links:

3.03 OE-A: http://pspupdates.qj.net/Because-there-i...pg/49/aid/78218

3.03 Update: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/958

1.50 Update: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4

6. BludRayne

BludRayne Member

Gr13, I'm assuming you figure out what was wrong?

7. ricojeans

ricojeans Member

Can i get the recovery link for 3.03 becouse i already download the file from psp-hacks but the file is can be open

8. GR13

GR13 Regular member

Sort of... Now instead of haveing a PSP folder and an ISO folder in the MS Root, I have a PICTURE, VIDEO, PHOTO and PSP folder on the MS Root plus some other files which I eliminated. The problem is that I cant put the other folders into the PSP folder because If i do this, the PSP will not recognize the files. SO I STILL NEED HELP!!

9. Athrun_C

Athrun_C Member

Make a folder named "ISO" in the root of your ms,put all your isos in there...
    In your psp folder, create 2 folders named "GAME150" and "GAME303", put all you 1.5 homebrew apps in the "GAME150" folder and 3.03 homebrew apps in the "GAME303" folder...
    If you have psx games, put them all in the "GAME" folder...

To access your isos or homebrews, just go to game on your XMB and select memory stick and your isos and homebrew apps should be there...

Hope this helps..,

Athrun_C

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  10. coolman2

coolman2 Member

I don't think you have to create a folder named GAME303. you can simply put all the homebrew stuff in GAME150

ms0:\PSP\GAME150 (for homebrew)
    ms0:\PSP\GAME (for PSX )
    ms0:\ISO (for PSP ISO )

To play the homebrew stuff, psx, or PSP ISO, simply go to your game on your psp XMB and Voila!

11. GR13

GR13 Regular member

DO you guys now about any notepad which can run on 3.03 OE-A?? And another question. I downloaded some PSP themes, dose someone know how to get them running on my PSP?

12. 10spro

10spro Member

I am running currently devhook 5.1 firmware 3.02 on a Jap PSP 1.5.
    My question is can I upgrade straight to 3.03 OE-A from devhook 5.1 or do I have to upgrade to 3.02 OE/A-B first and then to 3.03OE-A?

13. coolman2

coolman2 Member

Hmm yes, you can upgrade from 1.5 firmware to straight 3.03 OE-A and Devhook has nothing to do with upgrading.

After you upgrade to 3.03 OE-A, you can run any PSP ISOs, PSX ISOs, and homebrew stuff right on XMB of your PSP.

Just follow my old post up-there to arrange your ISOs and homebrew.

14. GR13

GR13 Regular member

Yhea.. This new firmware is wonderfull. The next step should be PS 2 games and once that is done everyonce sohuld have a PSP at home!!

BTW dose anyone have an answere to this question:

Do you guys now about any notepad which can run on 3.03 OE-A?? And another question. I downloaded some PSP themes, dose someone know how to get them running on my PSP?

15. coolman2

coolman2 Member

Why don't you try out this page
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=64&q=notepad]

and about your theme qestion, you mean like how to set one as a wallpaper?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007