1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03 OE-B update - Will not run!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pringle, Jan 11, 2007.

1. pringle

pringle Member

Hi everyone,

I just got a PSP - thought I would try it out and so far I love it.

I Changed my firmware to the 3.03 OE-A update sucessfully by following the walkthrough but for the life of me, what should be the simplest part will not work at all! Im trying to run the 3.03 OE-B update and all I get is the following error:

The game could not be started.
    (8002148)

I think I have done everything Right - I have extracted the update archive to my memory stick root, then I placed the OEB_UPDATE folder containing the EBOOT.PBP in my GAME folder. (this is the only way I can get the update to show in my game section)

So it goes I:\PSP\GAME\OEB_UPDATE\EBOOT.PBP

The remaining files and folders from the update archive I have left where they were extracted to in the root. I see the update in my Games section and it runs ok, get that funky guitar noise and a sony logo then the screen goes black - there is a funny beep and I receive the above error, then the PSP just returns to menu!

I have formatted my memory stick several times and repeated the process - even downloaded the file again several times but same result each time. Could anyone help at all? Am I doing something stupid? My PSP started as a 2.01 firmware version. I downgraded to 1.50 before running the Upgrade as I was advised.

Am sorry for the long post but thought I would get everything down as I know how annoying it is when someone is asking for help and dosent include relevant info.

Hope someone can help! Great work here guys btw!

Dave

2. Athrun_C

Athrun_C Member

But the "OEB_UPDATE" folder into "GAME150"...

3. xxJOKERxx

xxJOKERxx Member

yea all you really have to do is put the OE-B update folder in GAME150 instead of the GAME folder

then it should run fine
    really fast to upate too

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  4. pringle

pringle Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried that.

I put the OEB_UPDATE folder in I:\MS_ROOT\PSP\GAME150 - but If I leave it there and do not put it in the GAME folder I cannot see the update in my game section to run it. I have also placed the folder in both GAME and GAME150 so there is a copy in each and I still get the error message :( .....

5. xxJOKERxx

xxJOKERxx Member

hmm that sux
    download it again
    see if that works

O uhh shut down ur psp and turn it on again while its STARTING to turn on hold R shoulder pad
    it should take u to a pink screen go to config and tell me what the
    folder leads to 303/150

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  6. pringle

pringle Member

Have done...several times - makes no difference still same....maybe I did something wrong with my previous updates/downdates? God knows... no fair - everyones elses works sweet!

7. xxJOKERxx

xxJOKERxx Member

its really not that great exept for bug fixes

8. pringle

pringle Member

Yea everything works fine.....I just saw something about higher video resolution? I havent tried any video on my PSP yet but obviously higher resolution is better...so just wanted to have the latest for that really....