1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03 OE-C and backup iso wont work.. error 80020321

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by chiggins, Mar 19, 2007.

1. chiggins

chiggins Member

Hey guys ...pretty new to the psp scene...I have my psp downgraded to 1.5 and then installed custom 3.03 OE-C ...Now from all the reading I have done and correct me if I am missing something. Which I think I am seeing it does not work...I can make back ups of my UMDs that I have using UMD DAX Dumper that I have on my PSP ..Which all works great I can dump my UMDs and have them on my PC in ISO format and all is good...but when I put them in My ISO folder on my PSP the game lists in the Game menu...I have also tried Game150 and Game303 folders too..but when i try and play it I get "cannot start game 80020321" error...Am I missing something here???..I have tried the two games I have right now they are ATV Off Road Blazin Trails. and Burnout Dominator..Thanks in advance guys for any help..

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

i will bet u my psp that u do not have a umd in the umd slot. not really but u get the point

3. chiggins

chiggins Member

Yeh ha...I win...lol..actually i do have a UMD in the slot...I think that is rule number 1...I have since tried a downloaded iso and no luck same error...anymore ideas...Thanks...

4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

where is the ISO folder

5. chiggins

chiggins Member

The ISO folder is there as soon as I open the F: (which is my PSP) Therefore it is F:ISO/Burnout Dominator. I used a AIO from PSPHacks for the firmware said all files would be in correct positions just drag and drop according to instruction...I am guessing that would be right...Any thing I should check??Thanks

6. ultinator

ultinator Member

yeah dude, i have same problem except i had a load of iso and cso games working for a while, then today i added loco roco and dungeon siege (they both worked aswell) then after i turned it off and tried to go back on to any game error 80020321 comes up, also it hasnt been able to show the UMD that i have in the slot........so wtf is going on, i am relying on some brainy dude to let me know what i can do... come on man i really wanna play :(

7. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

One time I thought I had this problem of something really technical. I kept getting error messages and long load times on my ISOs. Then I took the UMD out of the tray and found a big fingerprint on it.

Probably not your problem, but you never know.

It could also be a corrupt ISO image, or you could try compressing it into a CSO.

8. Goob13

Goob13 Member

I am having a similar problem. cept mine is with the psx emu.
    i upgraded from 1.5 -> 3.03oe c. then i "obtained" a copy of Vagrant Story with the keys.bin and eboot.pbp. so i put it in h:/psp/game/Vagrant Story and i get the same error. but i read in the popstation read me for 3.03oe c that with the dsar u dont even need the keys.bin (just throwing that out there). so if someone can please!! help me with this ASAP that would be awesome.

was thinking it might be if:
    A) you need to put the popstation folder somewhere on the psp
    B) Mayb you need the actual Hot Shots golf 2 data for something
    C) you need to convert files using popstation for this version 3.03oe c

9. ssstefan

ssstefan Member

i have the same problem with psp 3.03 oe-c i cant play iso or psx games but if you upgrade to psp 3.10 oe-a you can just put the iso in the iso folder go to recovery menu make sure no umd is disabled so you dont neeed a umd to run it start your psp up go to game memory card and run the iso if it isnt working it means the iso is corrupt and for psx games put them in ms0: ms0 stands for root of memory stick so ms0:psp/game/(name of game)/psx files and thats it also i know all this is right because i have done this on a psp 3.10 oe-a before but then i downgraded to use themes but then relized it didnt work also you need to go to advanced and then advanced config in recovery menu and enable plain modules in umd/iso and thats it hope i helped.

10. ssstefan

ssstefan Member

also if you have in the iso folder (game name).iso it should be (game name).cso the file that runs on the firmware should be .cso not iso plus it saves room. and i meant cso in the folder in the last text written.

11. ssstefan

ssstefan Member

i will upload some pics of the firmware 3.10 oe-a working with psx game crash bandicoot 3 and a iso game from the iso folder mercury meltdown.

12. ssstefan

ssstefan Member

13. ssstefan

ssstefan Member

the pictures i am now posting were taken using he capture.prx plugin
    and the next thing i post will be mercury meltdown also you can see im not trying to trick you with a umd as crash bandicoot 3 came out on ps1 and you cant get it for ps2 or psp.

firmware on my psp
    [​IMG]

shows that its on my memory card
    [​IMG]

when you press home during game
    [​IMG]

when loading from memory card
    [​IMG]

load game screen so you know you can save game
    [​IMG]

when i jumped on game
    [​IMG]

14. ssstefan

ssstefan Member

these are now the pics of mercury meltdown as a .cso file in the iso folder working on a psp 3.10 oe-a also.

as before firmware screen
    [​IMG]

to show its on memory card
    [​IMG]

starting game
    [​IMG]

title screen
    [​IMG]

autosave featuyre which has psp in the text
    [​IMG]

and me playingthe game
    [​IMG]

15. ssstefan

ssstefan Member

so thats proof that it works with 3.10 oe-a and you can get it to work with 3.03 oe-c its just alot more complicated compared t o 3.10 oe-a

booyakasha

16. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

wow, a sextuple post, good job.