1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03 OE-C network connection error.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by WierdName, Feb 8, 2007.

1. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

After allowing the MAC address to connect to the router and setting up the static IP for it etc. etc... I still get an "A connection error has occurred. A connection to the access point could not be establishedd. Check the security settings for the network and try again.". I have the settings on the PSP setup right and everything so what the heck? Is there a problem with the firmware? Thanks.

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

First off dont you need to do all that mumbo jumbo you just said. You shouldnt have created a static IP address for the PSP considering most routers now adays have a DHCP Server installed. And you didn't need to allow the MAC address unless your router is setup to not allow MAC addresses. If you're using WEP in combination then the mac address filtering isn't necessary. And theres no problem with firmware. there is a problem with your settings.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  3. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Huh. Man I really miss my other PSP:( It was an original 1.5 and it worked great. Right now im just gonna setup all the settings on the PSP. But thats probably not gonna work, lol.

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

well ur doing ALOT of the stuff for the connection that isn't needed, so that could be a possibility.

5. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I dont think so. Lookin back at the first post, I didnt actually do all that. When I said allowed the MAC, what I did was setup the router to asign an IP to that MAC address. Then I put the WEP into the PSP. Then set everything else to automatic. Still wont connect:(
    *Wishes his old 1.5 was still workin*

6. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Well still thats not necessary and that could be why its messing it up. Why did u have it sign the PSP a certain IP address when the DHCP server already does it.

7. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Huh? The router has a built in DHCP. It is setup to asign IPs to the three laptops in the house plus my desktop and the other (non working) desktop and my PS2(through a cord) and PS2 wireless adaptor thing(never got it to work lol). It used to asign one to my PSP too but its not with me any more:(

8. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Well I cant say for sure but im 99 percent positive your router has a DHCP server installed. I'm still yet to see one that doesn't. and what's not with you anymore?

9. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

My old PSP. It was an original 1.5 with 3.02OE-B installed. It worked great. But now I have a TA-082 3.03OE-C that doesnt want to connect:(

10. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Well I am using the SAME thing so I know it's not a problem with the firmware of the psp (unless ur wifi card burnt out but thats not very likely), so the problem lies somewhere with your settings.

11. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I dont think so cuz the other one connected with the same exact settings just fine. I think it might just need a reinstall of the firmware. Is there any easy way to reinstall it without the recovery->update maker->installation blah blah blah?

EDIT- Just saw the link in your sig. Will it let me reinstall over or do I need to downgrade back to 1.5 first?

12. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

nope thats the easiest way. Im telling you right now it's somethign with your settings all that shit you set up is not necessary and could be conflicting with the assigning of the IP address. Yeah it worked before but something might be different now. Anyhow i think the problem lies with the static ip u have set (and yes thats what it is when u tie an IP address to a MAC address), i think it's conflicting with the DHCP server which is trying to assign the PSP an IP at the same time. did you know DHCP server is supposed to be off when using static IP addresses?

Just tried it on my router the way u described and it didn't work :D

13. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I actually removed the static IP thing and it still wont connect. And theres a setting that says "use router as DHCP server" which is what I used to asign my IPs and it hasnt had problems before(or I didnt know they were because of it).

14. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

the problem wasn't with the DHCP server it was using static IP's and DHCP at the same time. Anyhow we're kind of getting somewhere now that we've elimitated that possiblity. what error does it yield when it doens't connect. connection timed out?

15. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Im still getn the same error. And im not using static IPs and DHCP. Its DHCP with settings for address reservation so it gives that IP rather than a random one. Also, the only way to make it simpler would be to open up the router completely which would kick everyone off, making them mad, then gettin kicked off myself by them who were kicked off and opening up the router to attacks.

16. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

I know ur not I was talking about pastense when u WERE diong it like that. What specific error code? Ur router is fine dude, they would have to get past the modem first.

17. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Well its a wireless router so they just login to the router then they can access the computers or internet and even though someone probably isnt going to, my parents will get all * if I open it up even just for a short time especially when they are online and it would kick them off briefly. And its the error code at the top^ "A connection error has occurred. A connection to the access point could not be establishedd. Check the security settings for the network and try again.".

18. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Are you sure u have the correct WEP code inputted?

19. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

20. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

well it's telling you to check security settings so it might be a good idea to go into the router and double check the WEP Code and reenter it into the PSP.