1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03 OE-C Recovery for Half-Bricked PSP!! HLP PLZ!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by gasconade, Feb 17, 2007.

1. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

Hey All...this is my first post...after much reading and downloading and getting confused, ive decided to ask for help....I have a psp running 3.03 OE-C, and I know how to find recovery menu(*so don't think im a proper goob)...anyways...I tried to vsh(flash0) a boot sound....and after restart, my psp is either partially or fully bricked...I am having problms finding out which..."Red screen of death"

anyways...i have heard of others using recovery on 3.03 OE-C to downgrade(*i guess) to fw 3.03US....

anywho...I am having one really hard time here....ANY and ALL help is appreciated...

thanks

2. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  3. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

oh my damn brother...that worked like a charm...I was turning black hairs gray all day....and in 5 minutes...i was back to where i was praying to be!!!!

You Own Mate!! Much thanks! gyeeeeah!!

4. kostyam69

kostyam69 Member

hey, i cant get that program to run past 80% it says it cannot write the update.pbp to my psp. whats the deal please help.

5. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

I know im no total expert, but I have run the recovery enough times since this post to help a little....

what FW version are you trying to recover to? I always use the "recover to 1.50" option, and download my update eboots from http://dl.qj.net...

the best thing to do in any case mate, is to find out what folders are contained within your game/flasher directory. (assuming you are able to even view your recovery module now ;)

good luck mate

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  6. BeEdNo

BeEdNo Member

How do you know if your PSP is semi-bricked?

7. hack_man

hack_man Guest

When you turn it on it shows a black screen and in 30secs turns off

8. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

Semi-Bricking is when you get either a red or blue screen; and in some instances a black screen; which in this case could be fixed through OE recovery...

I think the black screen is only really for full bricks, cause very few black-screen'd psp's come back from the dead...

moment of silence.......................................

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  9. ibjaredu

ibjaredu Regular member

Full Brick ~ No sounds, only back light power and green light. Will display orange light for charging.Recovery on custom firmware may work.

Semi Brick ~ PSP will boot on with sounds and video but may freeze at Sony Computer Entertainment Screen or gameboot ..etc. Recovery On Custom Firmware will work.

More info: The Blue screen will go away after one display. It is displayed due to a corrupted registry that will be repaired. the Red screen will not go away and requires you to have a custom firmware to repair.

Sorry if some of the info is the same as in previous posts but i just wanted to clarify it a bit.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  10. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

not necesarrily true. i have switched my psp on and it wasjust black with no sound, i recovered it.

11. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

i agree...ive seen blackscreen semi-bricks recover w/CFWs...

12. kostyam69

kostyam69 Member

hey, mine turns on, no sound, no backlight........ NOTHING after a bit it turns its self off. any chance of reincarnation?

13. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

all depends on what firmware you are on mate. if you are on dark alex firmware you are in luck.

14. kostyam69

kostyam69 Member

nope thats one of my psps that i did not modify. im all the way in on Dark_Alex's firmware on my other psps, but this one is ....... well i dont know what firmware it is b/c i cant see anything

15. kostyam69

kostyam69 Member

well, i can always try and syncronize with my working psp to modify the broken one and then enter recovery mode. but i dont know if its above 2.71. and besides it turns offin like 10 secs after power up

16. Paopao18

Paopao18 Member

Hi im new here just got mine out of the box and read some things about this OE..

Im getting interested in having this OE to my PSP but i also i read on this bricking the PSP or turning it into an expensive paper weight and im really bothered..

From what i read so far if you have this OE you may have chances restoring the PSP in any case it is bricked. Is it true?

and ibjaredu what does Recovery on custom firmware may work mean?

thanks.

17. yohex

yohex Guest

You have to have caused the brick from the custom firmware for the recovery file to work, and it may work, depending on the kind of brick, so if you can still access the recovery then it is a semi break, if you can't then it is full brick.

18. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

as many times as I have semi bricked this thing, I can honestly say, that recovery menu is genius...

19. PimpMastr

PimpMastr Member

I just bricked flashing SCEP 1.0. No back light, power light is green. No sound of course. But recovery works thanks God.

20. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

i did mine a lot of times. i couldn't even count them.
    hehehe