1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03 OE-C with devhook?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Elmo111, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Elmo111

Elmo111 Member

ok, so i thought i might just give this devhook a go on my 3.03 OE-C PSP, and it is the latest devhook, and if i want to emulate the 3.11 firmware, do i have to use that devhook installer underneath my game menu? and then put the 3.11 in some kind of folder?

if i do do this, does this mean i lose my 3.03 OE-C and i am stuck at 3.11??

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  2. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

I wouldn't bother, as 3.11 doesn't really give you any new features, you don't need it for any games to run that don't already work on OE-C (correct me if i'm wrong), and a few people here ,including me, have had issues with flash1 corruption from launching devhook on a CFW.

But that's just my opinion.

3. Elmo111

Elmo111 Member

ok, whats a CFW?? lol

and if i do go ahead with this (just to try it out), does this mean i lose the functionality of my 3.03 OE-C?

4. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

CFW = custom firmware

You won't lose functionality, but it may get corrupted, whereby your wallpaper won't work and you will have to do a re-install.

It won't upgrade your PSP to 3.11 as it only emulates the firmware, it doesn't flash it.

Why do you want devhook out of curiousity?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  5. Elmo111

Elmo111 Member

to be honest, i just want to give it a go :)

i never really bothered with it just because i didnt know what it was.

but thats it really, just to try it out...

and yes, just incase i do have corruption on flash1 i know how to recover it :) so now worries lol

6. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

Fair enough, I know how fun it is to experiment, but there's not much, if anything to be gained, as you have OE-C already, with ISO loading from the XMB.

7. Elmo111

Elmo111 Member

wow, its pretty cool actually, and the good news is that i have no corruption of flash1! XD lol :)

thanks for the help man!