1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03 OE-C XMB waves with custom wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by gasconade, Feb 18, 2007.

1. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

I was wondering is it possible to change the waves background *bmp files on flash0/vsh/resource in OE-C:"eg: 01-12.bmp?" to add a regular, good old fashioned wallpaper with the xmb waves over it?

I have seen a couple of threads about it being done on FW: 2.71...ive seen countless utube movies with kids that have it already done...but i wanted to know how is this process possible on OE-C? any extra steps necissary besides replacing 01-12.BMP?

all help is appreciated!

Much thanks

2. guano

guano Regular member

Yes. In fact, I just did this last night. It's just like the old skool method (PSPersonalize). Just make the res 300x170 and set it as the 01-12.bmp. In this way, you can have custom wallpaper AND your gameboot will still work if you've added the v1.00 bogus FW mods. Also, you can still use Flashmod v3 w/ 3.03 OE-C. So to make this even better (which it will be for some ppl), you can use it to REMOVE the azura effect on your PSP. So then you can have your Custom wallpaper, NO Azura and working gameboot. I did all this last night. I think pics set as wallpapers in this way actually look BETTER b/c of the slight amt of blur added to the pic b/c of the stretching. *shrugs* That's just me tho...

3. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

lolz...my title suits me..i feel like a total noob...ive been creating the proper sized bmps all day, but at the wrong bitrate...lol ty much mate

works like a charm......as usual!