1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03 OE-C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by BurnCK, Jan 25, 2007.

1. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

Here's the new Open Edition firmware release 3.03OE-C

http://rapidshare.com/files/13441698/303oe_C_Simple_Install.rar

* AVC videos bitrate limit patched. The firmware limited the bitrate of avc videos to only 768 Kbps. OE now forces the limit to be 16384 Kbps. (Note: this doesn't mean than the psp can handle such a high bitrate, this means than they won't show error. I don't know which is the real maximum bitrate than the psp can handle at full speed)
    * Speed of OE boot is now ~3 seconds faster than previous versions. (without plugins)
    * CPU speed of XMB can now be changed.
    * Wifi can now work at 333 Mhz!
    * Added access to flash 0 and 1 via usb in the recovery menu, based on the great idea of USBSSS by Booster. Note that writing is enabled, so this is intended only for advanced users that know what they are doing in each moment.(It is not a great idea to change anything from the kd folder). Because of this addition, the rest of flashing options were removed.
    * PSP isos can now be deleted as any normal memstick games. (also the size of the iso now shows fine when you press triangle->information).
    * When formatting memory stick, GAME150, GAME303 and ISO directories will be automatically created!
    * Changes in internal HEN core:
    o If a EBOOT.PBP with a plain DATA.PSP had a data.psar, modulemgr took as size of the executable the size of data.psp+data.psar. Fixed. (this fix enables psx games to have plain data.psp without causing a memory error).
    o Added a couple of patches found by Tyranid. One allows syscalls instructions to be used in kernel mode without causing a crash. The other allows sceKernelQueryModuleInfo to work with sceInit and previous modules.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  2. nWoStrife

nWoStrife Guest

Is this really worth getting?

3. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

It takes 5 mins to install, so is it worth 5 mins of your time?.....probably yes.

4. Megaman17

Megaman17 Regular member

My PSP is now 3.02 OE-B, can i straight away upgrade to this "3.03 OE-C??"

5. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

It can be only installed as a full installation, due to some substantial changes in the bootstrap.
    Both update maker and the flasher work in 1.50, 2.71 SE (whatever version), and 3.02/3.03 OE (whatever version).

6. Megaman17

Megaman17 Regular member

My PSP is now firmware: 3.02 OE-B

Can i skip past those "3.03 OE-A, then to 3.03 OE-B, lastly to 3.03 OE-C Updates"??

Or must i do them all?? (That would be troublesome dude....)

Can i skip the "3.03 OE-A Update" straight to "3.03 OE-C"??

Please reply...i hope i dun brick my precious PSP. :)

7. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

According to the readme file you can do it from any....

8. aj101788

aj101788 Guest

yes u can skip the 3.03 OE-A step sine it is a full installation

9. Megaman17

Megaman17 Regular member

Thanks for the reply!!

I can't wait to install it on my PSP!!

( Argh! Wasted man... i downloaded all 3.03 OE_A, 3.03 OE_A', 3.03 OE_B Updates= useless..

Thanks a lot! U're a gre8 help!

BTW, what are "topmenu plugins"??

10. aj101788

aj101788 Guest

thats where ur XMB icons at

11. psicrest

psicrest Member

Got mine updated but my cintro doesnt work anymore.

12. superduty

superduty Guest

Neither does X-Flash v18k. Can't wait for the upgrade to L, will surely be compatible.

13. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

That's probably because the PSP has been re-flashed. You would have to create it again....

14. psicrest

psicrest Member

I used the cintro for 303B, it doesnt write on flash, it just uses the 303b features autorun program on "psp/game/boot"

15. nWoStrife

nWoStrife Guest

How do you install this?

16. guano

guano Regular member

Read the read me? That might be a good start.

You ppl gotta stop asking questions that you find anywhere else, esp in the read mes. This forums isn't called "PSP Spoonfeeding Forums". Look it up like the rest of us have to.

17. nWoStrife

nWoStrife Guest

The only reason I asked is because I tried installing it but i got a message saying cand read dxa file or somthing like that. so if you can help me out with that i would really be thankful.

18. guano

guano Regular member

where is your DXAR file? Did you rename the 1.50 and 3.03 updates 150 and 303, respectively? Did you have the file in the right place?

19. junkdude

junkdude Regular member

yap same problem here!!!flashless cintro mod wont run!!!!!!!damn!!!

rename the 1.50 EBOOT.PBP to 150.PBP and 3.03 EBOOT.PBP to 303.PBP and put them together in "oeupdmaker" folder (not in "oeupdmaker%")!!! then u'll get the data.pxar in side the "oeupdmaker" folder!!!

20. guano

guano Regular member

I never got Cintro. I mean, if I'm in the middle of doing something, and I need to do a hard reset, I don't wanna sit thru some stupid movie; I wanna get right back to what I was doing. I still can't believe my mate's Cintro for OE-B was 26 seconds long. Ugh! WHY?

Oh yea, aside from the fact ppl have these XBOX 360 intros and such; if you want a 360 intro, get an XBOX 360. The PSP is a PSP - why watch another console's intro on it? lol

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007