1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03-OE-C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ShadoEnn, Mar 20, 2007.

1. ShadoEnn

ShadoEnn Member

Guys:

I'm a noob here so I need more help. I recently downloaded the 3.03 OE-C to my PC. How do I get it onto my PSP? Once I have it on my PSP, what else do I need to play PS1 games? Last night, I downloaded the CDWin and Zinga's Popstation installs (following the instruction of a different forum. Can't seem to get the Zinga Popstation stuff to open because it's a .RAR file. Don't know what that is yet. Anyway, any help would be greatly apprec.

2. ottesen07

ottesen07 Regular member

I will assume you are in 1.5 firmware right now?

3. ShadoEnn

ShadoEnn Member

Yep...I'm in 1.5 now

4. ottesen07

ottesen07 Regular member

Okay, i will assume you extracted the contects of the RAR folder as well. Get the 1.5 and 3.03 updates and rename them 150.pbp and 303.pbp. Put those two files in the oeupmaker folder. And then drage oeupmaker and oeupmaker% to the GAME folder in your psp. On your psp, go to GAME-Memory STick. And run the program. When it's done enter usb mode on your psp and go to the oeupmaker folder. You will find a file called DATA.DXAR. Copy that file to your computer. You can delete the two folders now. put DATA.DXAR in the oeflasher folder. Drag oeflasher and oeflasher% in the GAME folder. Go to GAME-Memory Stick on your psp and run the program. You're Done.

5. ShadoEnn

ShadoEnn Member

Whoa...way ahead of me here. Remeber; noob. As we speak, I'm looking for a RAR extractor. I'll follow the rest of your instruction shortly and get back w/ you. Thanks for being patient with me.

6. ShadoEnn

ShadoEnn Member

O.K. "O", Here's what I've done thus far:
    -extracted the RAR contents; ran Zinga's popstation and came up with an EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN file for my Strider game. Copied the Strider file to the PSP. At this point, the PSP recognizes a PS1 game, but the system says, "To use this content, you must activate the sytem."
    - What the hell does that mean? this is question #1
    - #2 I'm reading your last thread now; onceI get the 3.03 update and rename it 303.pbp, do I create a folder called oeupmaker and oeupmaker%, or are these folders that already exist somewhere?

7. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

delete all of that crap and run Hex's Winstaller...no hastle, noob friendly

8. ShadoEnn

ShadoEnn Member

Thanks gasconade, I'm downloading Hex's Winstaller now.
    New question though; my current firmware is 3.11. Will I still be able to download PS1 games, or do I need to wait for a 3.11 OE?

9. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

ooooohh.....that sucks...as far as it goes mate, you are gonna need a downgrader for your psp first, but there isnt one yet for +3.03.....

....but when it comes out, and you downgrade to 1.50 then upgrade to OE-C, you will be able to play PSX games, no prob...