1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03oe-c & .cso wont play

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sfinnan, Jan 28, 2007.

1. sfinnan

sfinnan Member

Have upgraded to latest Dark Alex 3.03oe-c, very effortless but now have an incressing number of .cso games that now won't play. After the playstation logo, the screen goes blank and all are easily exited by pressing the home button.
    Did read somewhere it could be due to 'fake' memory cards but have checked and used 2 different types, still not working.
    (original card 'magicgate-supported', fake card 'magicgate-unknown')

Any assistance would be greatly appriciated.

Steve
    aka 'WicKeD'
    psp-2.60>1.50>3.02oeA>3.02oeB>3.03oeA>3.03oeB>3.03oeC

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Have u tried any sandisk memory cards. I have been reading more and more about this (check out psp-haxors.com I have a post there)...anyhow someome there had the same exact problem. Slapped in a sandisk and it worked. It's all I have used and I have never had a single problem. Theyre faster and cheaper then sony.

3. sfinnan

sfinnan Member

Thanks,

tried 4GB sony first, MagicGate:unknown then tried a 1GB scandisk, MagicGate:supported, same game didn't work on either.

Have lost broadband connection at moment (upgrading) so can't even try another download to rule out bad .cso but damn sure I was playing this game when on Devhook 0.46 & 0.51

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Thats really odd. I really want to find out where these problems are coming from because I have not had a single problem with loading cso/iso /homebrew on any version of the SE/OE custom firmwares.

5. sfinnan

sfinnan Member

Latest update and its good news,

have just spent last couple hours trying all sorts of configuration settings on my PSP with fw 3.03oe-c,
    it would appear the reason my games wouldn't work was down to 2 settings in the 'Recovery' menu.
    .....recovery menu
    .....advanced->
    .....advanced configuration->
    .....use isofs driver also in umd-inserted mode, this was enabled but MUST be disabled to allow games to play, also,
    .....recovery menu
    .....configuration->
    .....use no-umd, this was enabled but it required disabled and a umd disc in the drive which I used GTA:LCS

My non working games now play fine, will have to check the rest of my collection and perhaps compile a list if other users also having problems.

....WicKeD....

PSP fw2.60 > 1.50 > devhook 0.46 >devhook 0.51 > 3.02oea > 3.02oeb > 3.03oea > 3.03oeb > 3.03oec

6. Knivez0r

Knivez0r Member

Actually, my ISO's work fine. But CSO wont show up at all.

7. dantelope

dantelope Member

Hi

I am not able to play CSO as well. Can someone help me on this.

8. bud_thoj

bud_thoj Member

what is cso?? i can also play iso psx games on mine.

9. duoheer

duoheer Member

I have the same problem with Hot Shots Golf, i get a black screen...and i cant find the file "pes6.pmf", none of my isos have this file.

10. duoheer

duoheer Member

11. evil_cm

evil_cm Member

same here... im tryeng to play 4th Bleach game for PSP.. wont work

12. DatHKGmr

DatHKGmr Member

i have just sucessfully been able to play my iso files by creating a ISO folder at the root of my 4gb memory card. now i am trying to do the same for my girlfriends psp. but it will not show up under the memory stick icons saying that there are no gamesi feel that it is beause i had accidently updated her psp recently. she is using a 2gb sony stick and yes i have tried formating it through the psp. please help. there is no devhook. and i am not using devhook either on mine. please help if you can, thanks

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007