1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03OE-C customizing

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sinarades, Mar 1, 2007.

1. sinarades

sinarades Regular member

I want to customize my psp with cool backgrounds and stuff fonts etc... but if i bricked using 3.03OE-C would i beable to recover? and i have to free upspace and i only disabled bnetwork update adn i know thats not enought free space on the flash to customize it i want to remove the jap font because it takes up 2mb adn that is alot but i dont understand how to remove it i read some tutorials but iam lost.

2. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

if you mess up the fonts etc if will only be a semi-brick so just load into recovery mode and downgrade to 1.50 then back up to 3.03 OE-C or higher.And you'll be fine. But note: 3.10 OE-A/A2 will not work with custom fonts etc.

3. sinarades

sinarades Regular member

but should i enter the flash manually or use auto installers? for adding cuztom stuff etc...

4. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

i had a semi brick once..iwas mesin with the fonts too..but i dint use the recovery

i backed up my whole (default) flash0 because i thought it my come in handy.
    so...when i got the brick,all i did was go to recovery and toggle flash0 and replaced everything in it with the default one,and it worked fine, it wanst a brick anymore

5. sinarades

sinarades Regular member

sweet kk ill keep that in mind but how did u back them up did u just copy the folder then paste to my documents or desktop for a backup because i want to know if copy adn pasting the files in the flash is safe?

6. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

its safe,just copy everything in FLASH0 to anywhere u like...
    but it must be the untouched flash0..not the flash0 of a bricked PSP

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
  7. skribblzz

skribblzz Member

lol ye it's safe . juss back up all the things u think you might mess up on , thats what i did i semi-bricked once trying to change my waves, but i backed the original so now im fine

8. sinarades

sinarades Regular member

ok thanks even the flash 1 i should back up? and how do u add those sick waves they look cool :D

9. skribblzz

skribblzz Member

if u want but me i didn't touch anything in the flash1
    and i got the wave in some theme pack, sorry i can't remember.