1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03OE-C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Quangsta, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Quangsta

Quangsta Regular member

I have just finished the upgrade to 3.03OE-C and when it finished, it said restart manually. I turned the psp off then when i try to turn it back on the green light turns on but but the screen is still black. After like 10 sec the psp turns off. Can someone tell me what to do. Please!!!

2. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Try taking the battery out for a little bit and putting it back in. If that doesn't work then when turning the psp hold R to get to the recovery menu, in case you might have bricked your psp.

3. Quangsta

Quangsta Regular member

did I have to bring the recover folder to my psp. When upgrading to 3.03OE-C.

4. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

The recovering menu is already accesible, but not the actually EBOOT. Just to the battery thing for now and see what happens.

5. Quangsta

Quangsta Regular member

alright

6. Quangsta

Quangsta Regular member

i have tried both ways and nothing seems to be happening. When I hold R nothing comes up. The screen is still black.

7. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Hmm, it sounds like you might have bricked it. What method did you use to upgrade your psp?

8. Quangsta

Quangsta Regular member

I followed the guid in playstation.com this is the instructions:

1. Download and decompress 3.03 OE-C (Jak_Master version)

2. Copy the directories oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME/ if you are using 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are using 3.0X OE

3. Download the 1.50 Upgrade Eboot, name it "150.PBP", and put it in the oeupdmaker folder.

4. Download the 3.03 Upgrade Eboot, name it "303.PBP", and put it in the oeupdmaker folder.

5. On your PSP, run the 3.03 OE-C Update Maker program. This program will create a file called DATA.DXAR in the oeupdmaker folder

6. Copy the directories 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME if you are using 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are using 3.0X OE

7. Move the generated DATA.DXAR from oeupdmaker to 303oeflasher directory

8. On your PSP, run the 3.03 OE-C Firmware Install program. Your battery must be 75% full

9. The program will display an agreement. Press X to accept and flash the custom firmware. Don't shutdown the PSP and don't remove the memory stick until the update is finished.

10. Once finished, shutdown the psp and restart manually to 3.03 OE-C

9. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Are you sure you didnt shut it down too soon. Because that is really the only way you could have bricked it. Dont know what else to say dude.

10. all_in

all_in Member

what fw did you have before?

11. Quangsta

Quangsta Regular member

no, it said press x to restart then turn on manually.

12. Quangsta

Quangsta Regular member

13. windtrade

windtrade Regular member

I had a similar but not same experience. My PSP "bricked" after several hours of use. It just went black and the green light was solid. The power button quit working. Took battery out for a few seconds and back in. Unit was off, no lights, pressed power button and green light came on, orange memory card light flashed for a second, then nothing but black screen.

Since I had made it 3.03OE-c, I was able to go into recovery mode. Hold right button and press power and luckily get into USB mode. There is an option to run the eboot from the recover directory on the memory stick but that was not installed. Since USB was working, I downloaded recovery eboot onto memory stick and had recovery menu start the recover eboot.

This worked and got me back to 1.5. I then reloaded 3.03OE-c to the memory stick and ran the upgrade again. So far, everything seems fine. Very strange what happened to make it appear "bricked".

14. Quangsta

Quangsta Regular member

the recovery menu doesn't come up. do u Hold R before turning psp or after.

15. all_in

all_in Member

from 1.5 dont you have to go to 2.7 then to 3.0 a then b then c? or something like that?

16. Quangsta

Quangsta Regular member

was ur usb plugged in while u did this.

17. windtrade

windtrade Regular member

Make sure the PSP is totally off, no lights. I would pull the battery for a few seconds just to make sure. With the unit off, press and hold the big R button then flip the power switch up just for a second, then release the power switch, then release the R button. You should see the text recovery menu. That's it for me as I'm a 24hr noobe as well.

18. Quangsta

Quangsta Regular member

I didn't bring the recovery folder to my psp, will the recovery menu still appear.

19. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Dude you bricked your Psp. Simple as that. If you cant bring the recovery folder up, your psp is about as good as a paper weight. Sorry to hear bro, I will add your name to the list of Comrades Fallen in Battle.

20. windtrade

windtrade Regular member

There are two things going on here. First the recovery "menu" is part of the 3.03OE firmware upgrade and if that upgrade process did not complete your unit may be a real brick. However, if you follow my instructions precisely to restart your unit and get into recover mode (display recover menu) then you can keep going.

The recovery folder on the memory stick is something that is needed to set the firmware back to 1.5 level. If it is not on the memory stick that is OK as my unit did not have that folder when I got "bricked". Since the recovery menu was working, USB connection was possible which allowed me to load up the recovery menu at that time and keep going.

If you can not get the recovery menu at all, you may have a real brick. Hope you have your receipt and can return it. I'm a noobe so I don't have idea what options there are to ensure you are bricked or how to bring it back to life.

Good luck.