1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.03OEC or 3.10OEA'

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Chaos66, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Chaos66

Chaos66 Member

I am on 3.10OEA' is 3.03 better or not ????
    i notice you cant do custom icons in 3.10 anything else ??

2. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Well i recently downgraded from 3.10oe-A2 to 3.03oe-C, theres not much off a difference but heres a few:

On 3.03oe-C:

-> PAL PSX Games have trouble running

On 3.10oe-A2

-> Icons cannot be customized
    -> Some homebrew doesn't work
    -> I don't think gameboots and coldboots can be customized (correct me if im wrong)

Im happier on 3.03, purley because i love the customization, and i dont play many PSX games, so it depends entirley on preference

3. Chaos66

Chaos66 Member

Thanks ARC that sound like the way forward to downgrade..... do i have to downgrade to 1.5 then back up to 3.03 ???

4. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Thats right yea, i downgraded from 3.03 to 1.5 because its the safest (patches your motherboard and runs lots of checks) but it does require an unpatched version of GTA:LCS. The alternative is to downgrade from 2.71 but i cant help you there, other people are more knowledgeable with that one.

If you have custom firmware already you can either DG to 1.5 and then UP to 3.03, or DG straight to 3.03, but i dont know how to DG straight to it. I just DG'd to 1.5, more fuss but i knew what i was doing at least.

5. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Not sure what you are basing this on, I have yet to find a PSX game that doesn't run on my 3.03oec. Which games have you had trouble with ?

6. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Theme park world personally, has massive resolution/screen placement problems.

I wasnt really going on my experiences, i just read that 3.10oe has better PAL support

7. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

if you're a psx gamer then go for 3.10oe-a but if you are a sony-hater then go custumize your xmb w/ 3.03oe-c :D