1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.1.2 Jailbreak Released

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by guessswho, Oct 13, 2009.

1. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

I did exactly the same as you and i dont have those problems.
    Try restore it to 3.1.2 (i'll see if i can find the link to where i got mine from) and then start again.

2. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

I did exactly the same as you and i dont have those problems.
    Try restore it to 3.1.2 (i'll see if i can find the link to where i got mine from) and then start again.

3. Sniper200

Sniper200 Member

HI there Kenny Leg

I have the same proble recently got a brand new IPhone 3gs 3.1.2 SW version.

I used blackra1n and it jailbroke my iphone used cydia to download some apps and looked let it was all ok however when i have to do a soft reset the iphone goes into itunes mode and I have to connect to PC in order to restore my iphone which inturm wipes everything off

How did you sort this problem out? so I dont have to keep restore everything back onto the iphone when a soft reset is needed?
    I have left my iphone un jailbroken at the moment

Please help....

4. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

Why do u need to do a soft reset Sniper200?
    I don't have any problems after using blackrain on my phone

5. Sniper200

Sniper200 Member

sometimes after certain apps you need to "respring " the iphone or if the battery runs out I would lose all the "jailbroken apps" as like you stated the iphone states to plug the usb into itunes then once i do this it clears the iphone of all blainra1n and jailbroken apps :-(

First I used blackra1n, it did its stuff and seemed like it worked but when ever the phone is rebooted it goes into recovery mode (

how did you over come this?

6. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

I didn't have to overcome this.,I didn't get any probems after using blackrain. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

7. Sniper200

Sniper200 Member

@DON JAV have you fixed your problem if so how did you overcome this??

8. crazipaki

crazipaki Member

Thanks for the replys. blackra1n seemed to work like a charm. my issue was mainly due to the usb ports, i was connecting through a hub and it did not work. connecting directly to the back of the pc did help.

9. crazipaki

crazipaki Member

so i was successfully able to jailbreak and unlock. Now I dont really care for the jailbreak portion and having to tether it on a reboot is somewhat annoying. My question is if i have JBd it and unlocked it now if i restore it through itunes, will the phone remain unlocked?

Is there another way to unlock the latest baseband that will remain intact if restored through itunes.

10. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

If u restore u will lock ur phone again. There is no other way as far as I know

11. crazipaki

crazipaki Member

Alright guesswho, I was able to JB my 3Gs using BlackRa1n, now I want to try your method again. For some reason during a restore it gets stuck at the usb/itunes screen and then it just times out with the 1600 error( Something to do with USB as discussed in this forum). I can easily restore my phone without any issues so what is with the custom firmware that the itunes times out?

12. Sniper200

Sniper200 Member

HI All I need urgent help in order to sort my iphone out.

I recently got a latest iphone 3gs 32gb 3.1.2

I managed to jailbreak it with blackra1n every was working fine however last night

my O2 signal went off and i cant make calls or send texts just says failed instantly.

I have restore my iphone back to basic setting however its still the same NO signal although it sayd O2 UK theres no signal what so ever on the iphone please help!!!!

Any suggestions Im a novice at this so please help.