1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.1 Downgrader

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Helldvr, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Helldvr

Helldvr Member

Hi, Currently I have a PSP on version 3.01. Is there anyway I can download from 3.01 to say 2.71. Or must I go from 3.01 to 1.5? I would like it if someone could give me step-by step instrcutions, and any links would be greatly apreciated.

2. yohex

yohex Guest

You must first upgrade to 3.03, and you must also have an unpatched version of Grand theft auto liberty stories, then get the official sony 3.03 update from www.psp-hacks.com. When you have the unpatched version, go to psp-hacks.com agian and get the downgrader for 3.03 and then follow the steps and downgrade, any further problems post back here or watch my Vid tut.

3. Helldvr

Helldvr Member

I have GTA LCS on a UMD, is this unpatched? And Its not very clear to me on your instructions.

4. ottesen07

ottesen07 Regular member

when you turn on your psp without the game in. Then put the game in. Does it say Psp update ver. 2.00?

5. Helldvr

Helldvr Member

Yes. In the UMD section? Can Iuse a difrent UMD, such a Socom 1?

It says Updat to 2.00...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  6. yohex

yohex Guest

Thats good, it's unpatched, you cannot use any other game because the other games to do not have the homebrew enabler exploit to enable homebrew.

7. Helldvr

Helldvr Member

Ok, and what do i do with the GTA disk during instalation?

8. simpsim1

simpsim1 Regular member

The 3.03 upgrade is HERE. You need to unpack the eboot file and put it in a folder (Call it 'upgrade' or something) within the PSP/GAME folder on your memory stick. Then run it from the 'Game/Memory Stick' menu.

The Downgrader you need is HERE

Read the instructions in the downgrader's 'readme' file and all will become clear about the GTA/LCS thing.

EDIT: Why do you only want to upgrade to 2.71? I would have thought that one of the custom firmwares would be better. I'm using 3.10 OE'

9. Helldvr

Helldvr Member

I dont know what a custom firmware is, mind sharing?

10. simpsim1

simpsim1 Regular member

OK no problem. Basically, the custom firmwares have been created by a guy called Dark_Alex. The idea is that he was able to combine the 1.5 firmware into 3.10 firmware, so that not only can you play the games that require 3.10, but also, you can play the homebrew software that you could normally only play on version 1.50. You can also play ISO images of games directly from the 'Game' Menu.

If you want to know more, a good resource is http://www.psp-hacks.com , although be warned, there's a lot of info to trawl through. It's well worth a look though.

11. Helldvr

Helldvr Member

Thanks, what an ISO? :)

Is it something you use to play games of your memory stick? Like I got a game of of bittorent...

12. simpsim1

simpsim1 Regular member

Hmmmm.... An ISO is a backed up image of a game. Handy if you have kids that like to damage your disks. Of course I wouldn't advocate piracy, but some people apparently like to download images of games from various sources and play them on their PSPs.

I'm just wondering why you want to downgrade your PSP. It would help with the info-giving if I knew exactly what you were looking to do.

13. Helldvr

Helldvr Member

Im downgrading because I would liuke to play homebrew. All i need to do it to go to 1.5, and mky friend will do the rest.

14. Helldvr

Helldvr Member

Went to upgrade to 3.03, and got a corrupted file message.

15. simpsim1

simpsim1 Regular member

Where did you put eboot?

16. Helldvr

Helldvr Member

in a folder E:/PSP/Game/"update" no quotes.

17. wanzx

wanzx Member

I guess I can contribute to this topic now :) I am a newbie :D and a fool I guess. I bought a refurb psp from ebay and comes with 3.10oe-a I got it and tried to play without any UMD on it, and it didn't work so I went into the recovery menu and the screen goes black for about a minute until the menu show up, but when I tried to press any button the screen goes black again.

So I figure, hmmm... partial brick hexitnow winstaller 1.50 recovery. So I did and I flashed it back to 1.50, after it's all completed and told me to restart manually, the screen goes black ocmpletely and the psp opening sound played, but no logo, no menu, just black and then the funny thing is it shows the same behavior as the recovery menu. The menu would show up in a minute or so but goes black as soon as I press a button... I just got it for about 30 minutes :D

wanzx

18. Helldvr

Helldvr Member

Well its now upgraded to 3.03, now i need to find LCS

19. wanzx

wanzx Member

my bad, wrong thread :)