1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.30 OE & 3.40 OE Ultimate Theme Pack

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by MidnightJ, May 15, 2007.

1. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

2. Ravenhnin

Ravenhnin Member

how do u install them?

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Read the readme(s).

4. dansage

dansage Regular member

hi,

just downloaded the above, but whenever i start to copy the vcd and/or font folders to my flash drive, it comes up with

"the destination drive is full"

Any ideas?

Ta,

5. r3n20

r3n20 Member

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME WHEN I TRIED THIS THEME PACK:

I tried to install the Ultimate Black package and I got a message saying that there is not enough disk space. So I copied my backup of Flash0 back to the memory card. The PSP still boots to 3.40OE and I can play games etc but now I can't get back in to the Recovery Menu. I tried to re-install 3.40OE from scratch thinking that maybe something didn't get copied to flash correctly when I restored the backup files but get an error

Opening and validating DXAR....
    Cannot load lflash_fatfmt file.

How can I fix this? I assume I need to maybe rewrite my backup of Flash0 but can't get in to the recovery menu to do so. Any ideas?

6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Are you guys installing it to flash0 like seperate themes? You need more flash0 space.

7. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

You need to install the 1.50 recovery, then reupdate to 3.40 OE-A.

8. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Are you sure your psp is completely off? This is no way to re-install 3.40oe or go back to 1.5 without recovery menu.

9. dansage

dansage Regular member

ive not had that problem. The only thing i can think of is...

Are you supposed to completely overwrite the resource/font folders, or just copy/overwrite the files within the resourse and font folders into f0?

10. r3n20

r3n20 Member

Thanks for the responses:

1. yes the PSP is completely off. I hold down the power for 10 seconds then hold the R key while turning it back on. I just get a black screen.

2. When copying the theme over I only replaced the necessary files, I didn't over write the entire folder.

3. I can't get to the recovery menu so I don't think I can downgrade back to 1.5 or reinstall 340oe. Unless there is another way?

Another thing to note is that I can actually boot the PSP normally and play ISO's but can't play any homebrew apps from the GAME150 folder.

11. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

ALL i can say is read the README.

None of you should be having any problems if you read the README.

If stuff goes wrong, just install the winstaller for the 1.50 Recovery hexitnow made. Thank him too, because its very useful.

12. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

OR....before u mess up like that make a up to date flash backup of ur current firmware

13. r3n20

r3n20 Member

Thanks for the feedback. However, I did follow the README word for word and performed the backup of flash0 right before I attempted to write to the folder. I have installed custom themes many times with out any problems on many PSP's. Perhaps it was just a fluke that my unit got hosed. At least its not bricked. I can still play ISO's and PS1 games, just no homebrew.

Oh and BTW, the Winstallers won't help here. I get the error when doing the install of 3.40OE so I'm sure I will get the same error when trying to install any customer firmware either manually or via an installer.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  14. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Very strange. The DATA file should always extract. And the 1.50 recovery won't work for you? Because that would really refresh your PSP.

15. r3n20

r3n20 Member

I tried the Winstaller and I get:

Opening and validating DXAR....Cannot load lflash_fatfmt file.

I have tried some of the apps that allow you to write to flash like PSPFiler etc but they all freeze after I launch from the menu. :(