1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.30 OE-x+ gameboot path modifier?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by gasconade, May 11, 2007.

1. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

anyone been able to get the GB path mod to work for 3.10+ OE's? the tutorial had prxs up to 3.10 but nothing higher...

i really want to change up this stock gameboot on my 3.30 OE-A'...

any luck?

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I just modded mine by doing it though USB via the Recovery menu. Im on 3.40 OE-A, and the only things that don't work is the topmenu_plugin.rco, but you just have to mod one with RCO editor so it will work.

3. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Flash Agent reroutes the gameboot.

4. guano

guano Regular member

This method is more of a pain in the ass. You can manually swap a gameboot out in less time than than it takes four blind elderly ppl on vacation in a foreign land to cross a street in heavy traffic. This gameboot path modifier sucks b/c you have to do a FW dump on w/e FW you have and all that jazz. (For the birds)

5. Sudds

Sudds Active member

The Flash Agent way?
    I dont think so, you,ve no need to dump your firmware.

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

Firmware dump?? Nah man, dont need to do that with the gameboot path modifier...The program in the tutorial i posted on here just swaps files with a file rewritten to make the psp read from the memory stick instead of the flash0. It backs up the originals to your memory stick for you, takes literally 10 seconds. Then takes about 5 seconds to throw on a new gameboot to your memory stick when you switch them up. But you should always keep a backup of your flash0 regardless, especially when doing things manually.