1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40 custom firmware help DATA.DXAR file okb not working

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pixels, Oct 8, 2007.

1. pixels

pixels Member

hi i need some help i am on 1.50 sony firmware after downgrading
    1st i copped oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker%
    to psp game and in the oeupdmaker i put the 1.50 sony updates and 3.40
    renaming them 150.pbp and 340.pbp now i went to game on my psp and it says opening and checking 150.pbp and cannot open so now in the oeupdmaker folder i have a DATA.DXAR file 0KB its empty can someone tell me what i am doing wrong please thanks

2. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

no needfor a double thread just be patient if someone can help they will:(

3. pixels

pixels Member

sorry i just must have done it 2 times wont happen again sorry

4. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

5. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

a 0KB DXAR file is created if u have invalid update eboots. I've experienced this before when I updated to 3.40 4 months ago.

Update to a newer CFW such as 3.52m33-4 or 3.71m33-2 with 1.5 kerenel addon. as sicdude said, it's outdated.

6. pixels

pixels Member

but i would like to use dark alexes one first i have always wondered what the menus look like ect and after about a week i would use what your saying i believe its dervhook or something i still wish dark alex had not left the psp thing and abandoned us sorry about the double post guys i posted it once and it i did not see my post so i renamed it and posted to find my earlier one and the one i renamed(wont happen again)
    and also i downgraded to 1.50 sony firmware using the same 1.5pbp i am using for the custom firmware installation and i trust nothing is wrong with it because i managed to downgrade with it and works fine nothing missing except it goes to 99% and then when you start it back up says to press (O)to repair the settings like it says in the downgrading guide so maybe its in the 3.40 although it too updates perfectly to 3.40 sony firmware now that i thing of it whats going on ?

7. pixels

pixels Member

but i would like to use dark alexes one first i have always wondered what the menus look like ect and after about a week i would use what your saying i believe its dervhook or something i still wish dark alex had not left the psp thing and abandoned us sorry about the double post guys i posted it once and it i did not see my post so i renamed it and posted to find my earlier one and the one i renamed(wont happen again)
    and also i downgraded to 1.50 sony firmware using the same 1.5pbp i am using for the custom firmware installation and i trust nothing is wrong with it because i managed to downgrade with it and works fine nothing missing except it goes to 99% and then when you start it back up says to press (O)to repair the settings like it says in the downgrading guide so maybe its in the 3.40 although it too updates perfectly to 3.40 sony firmware now that i thing of it whats going on ?

8. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

dude double posting again lol
    m33 is dark alex:)

9. pixels

pixels Member

i know i know sorry this stupid connection keeps failing and i send it twice when it says 404 not found thinning it has not gone so what benefits do i get from mm3 and i don't think its the pbp files problem i updated using broth of em and they work perfect the file is the correct size its not smaller and i don't know what to say i am kinda puzzled

10. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

3.52m33-4 and 3.71m33-2 both have built in umd rippers
    they both have the ability to watch a umd video iso
    they have a better no umd needed option
    they have the ability to play newer games:)