1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40 - ISO transfer via USB stops after 5 seconds

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mmmikkk, Aug 6, 2007.

1. mmmikkk

mmmikkk Member

I just bought a PSP that already had 3.40 OE installed. I reformatted my memory stick (because I had been using it on a 2.71 with Dev Hook which bricked on me). When I try to transfer an ISO thru the USB it starts to transfer and after 4 or 5 seconds the thing that zings back and forth on the PSP indicating it is transferring stops. A couple of seconds later I get that error message: "cannot find file xxxxx: cannot find the specified file, make sure you specify the correct path and file name" from my computer.

I know it hasn't had time to transfer the ISO since it's about 500 Meg. The file does show up on my MEM stick but when I try to load it it won't play. So I know then that it didn't get all the way transferred. I've tried several other ISO's with the same result. They all stop transferring after a few seconds. I've looked on here to see if anyone else had the same problem but no help was found. I'm sure it's something easy that I'm overlooking.

2. oosel

oosel Regular member

I have had this problem many times! try a different usb cable. I bought 2 bad ones and had 1 go bad after about a month.

3. mmmikkk

mmmikkk Member

yes it was that simple. I had the joytech one for over a year. The charger plug stopped working a few months ago. I bought the Datel USB and works perfectly.

Glad to have 3.40 OE.

4. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

This problem is actually because of the PC your using. Sometimes their is a driver or IRQ conflict between the PSP P&P driver and the default USB 2.0 driver. Simply copy the iso to a different location, such as directly on your C:\ drive. Then copy that over to the ISO folder. If that doesn't work, discount the PSP, plug in a regular USB drive in the same USB port, copy the iso directly onto the USB. Then plug in the PSP in a different USB port and copy directly from USB drive to PSP ISO folder. It may help if you put your computer into Safe Mode during the process. This prevents any third-party software from interfering and the basic drivers are reloaded. Windows XP is required for PSP USB Mode to work.

5. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

may u can use a card reader..and upload the game on iso folder
    or everthing