1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40 OE-A and ISOS...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by schism123, May 5, 2007.

1. schism123

schism123 Member

well i have 3.40oe-a but today i discovered that my umd drive isnt reading umds, so for isos that require the umd to be in cant load, so is there any way u can load them?
    can i go back to 1.5 fw and use devhook or can devhook load ALL isos without a umd?

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

devhook still requires umd, and i wouldn't even go back to devhook to play isos, its too much of a hassle and u cant even play ps1 games...try inserting the umd, but see if the iso runs

3. schism123

schism123 Member

no that doesnt work the screen just stays black, when i insert a umd the circle that flashes in the bottom right of the psp flashes but it doesnt read it anyone know what the problem is? i think the umd drive has died :(

4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

well u could try enabling no-umd in recoveyr menu, that lets u play w/o umd. the only problem is most games dont work. i would just get my umd fixed by sony or something

5. schism123

schism123 Member

i have been doing that all day and some games work but the game i want to play (metal gear solid portable ops) wont work, and i dont want it to get repaired by sony because my 3.40oe-a firmware will be gone, oh well

6. _mike_223

_mike_223 Guest

sony wont repair ur psp if they see u modified fireware.....did u happen to broke ur umd thinking of disk is inside the small box? cause i have to put the whole box inside ur psp..

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2007
  7. sagam12

sagam12 Regular member

I cannot run Iso's and Cso's off of my psp 3.40OE-a can any one help me? Also i put my Cso file into the ISO folder, what is th problem?

8. _mike_223

_mike_223 Guest

ya sagam12 u need to put any umd in ur psp then load iso and it will run..... for example i bought a 11 dollar old psp game and put it in psp...so it tricks the psp and then i run any isos and every game plays fine.. ex i have metal gear solid optical ops and socom:FTB 2 in memory card

and ya u need put the cso in iso folder

9. schism123

schism123 Member

lol no, i have had a psp for over a year now, but i bricked my first psp and i think when i returned it to the shop (i had to send it overseas) and they gave me a new one it must have dropped or something coming back across and damaged the umd drive

10. sagam12

sagam12 Regular member

_mike_223: i have got a UMD in the psp and the CSO is in the ISO folder but i still cannot see it, any reasons y?

11. _mike_223

_mike_223 Guest

not sure then cause with 3.40 oe-A u can do pirating and i asked the shop they said its illigal. But if they do take urs and give u a new one that's GREAT.

12. _mike_223

_mike_223 Guest

go to main menu > GAME > Scroll down and click Memory Stick and u will see the game > PRESS X to start game.

Note IF that dont work then make sure u already did these steps below:

13. _mike_223

_mike_223 Guest

sorry double post

14. msiblini

msiblini Member

i just updates my psp to 3.40 OE-A and i am wondering how i can play my iso game on it. can anyone help?