1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40 OE-A dosn't keep recovery settings?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by obogobo, Aug 14, 2007.

1. obogobo

obogobo Member

Hi all, I recently bought a PSP that came with firmware version 3.50. Of course I did the Lumines exploit and brought it down to 1.50. Then I installed 3.40 OE-A and everything was great until I decided to upgrade to 3.52 M33. I played with that for a while and decided I liked 3.40 OE-A better so I downgraded back to 1.50 and then went to 3.40 OE-A again. But now whenever i change settings in recovery mode, the PSP gives me a message saying my System Settings are Corrupted and that I should press Circle to reconfigure them. Everything default in the settings is Japanese and when i get to the XMB there are things like Portable TV and stuff I have never seen before. Help?!

2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Go back to 1.50 and then go back to 3.40. It does this sometimes if you use the winstaller, so try to go to 3.40 OE-A without using an easy installer.

3. obogobo

obogobo Member

Ok I'm a total noob. I'm back at 1.5 Official Sony Firmware but i dont know how to install 3.40 OE-A without the easy installer lol do I download this http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1132 ?

4. obogobo

obogobo Member

Never mind I figured it out I installed 3.40 OE-A without the Easy Installer but same thing happens.

5. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Okay then, your flash is corrupt. If you backed up your flash0 and flash1, then replace the ones you currently have on your PSP with the ones you have backed up.

What you have is essentially a functional semi-brick; so restoring the default flash files should help.

6. obogobo

obogobo Member

yeah in a nutshell thats what I did, thanks man!