1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40 OE-A Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by WahhdRed, May 31, 2007.

1. WahhdRed

WahhdRed Member

I bought a TA-082 psp that came with version 2.71 firmware. I downgraded it version 1.50 with dark alex's downgrader with HEN-D. Then I put a ".cso" format game in the "GAME" folder of the memory stick. It didnt show up on the Cross Media Bar so upgraded to 3.40 OE-A using dark alex's software. The cso file still didnt show up so I installed devhook v.44 onto the psp using "Ultimate Installer USB Edition v0.3.1 (UI).exe which automatically did everything. I noticed a new folder in the root menu named "ISO" so I put the cso game in there. Now the game shows up on the Cross Media Bar yet when I run it, it says "The game could not be started. (80020321)" I then found out that devhook v.44 doesnt work with 3.40 firmware. Now, I would like to start from scratch before I downgraded it so that I can get rid of unnecessary things from my memory stick. Also, do I even need devhook to run cso files? Thank you in advance.

2. WahhdRed

WahhdRed Member

I think my biggest problem is devhook v.44 on psp v3.40 OE-A. After researching I found out that to get devhook off from the psp you can unflash it using the installer. But since I didnt install it manually and did it through USB I dont know what to do. Plase help. Thanks

3. WahhdRed

WahhdRed Member

I download the devhook v.44 installer for the psp and tried to open the installer from the psp but I get the same error message. Also I tried loading a Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters UMD and it froze on a black screen. Is my psp bricked? I can still get to the Cross Media Bar and play music. I just cant access Ratchet and Clank, .pbp, .cso, and .iso files (the ones ive tried). Please help!

4. WahhdRed

WahhdRed Member

Just in case I cant fix this problem, could I go to system update to restore the system to official sony firmware or am I stuck until I find a solution.

5. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

RAtchet and clank is a game that has problems in its self, you have to go in to the recovery mode and set you UMD cpu to 266mhz to work properly.

6. WahhdRed

WahhdRed Member

Ive tried to install recovery programs but they come up as corrupted data. Also, I deleted all the devhook files off the memory stick but I didnt unflash or anything so there might be some devhook stuff on it. Still I cant run programs, so maybe I need help with getting homebrew things to work with 3.40 OE-A. I just want to get cso's and iso's working on my psp. And, how do you change the mhz so that ratchet will work?

7. WahhdRed

WahhdRed Member

I just tested a Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade UMD and it loaded fine, so yeah I have to change the mhz to get ratchet working.

8. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Let's start from the beginning.
    -First reformat your stick with psp, it will create all the appropriate folders for you.
    -Now put iso, cso into the ISO folder.
    -Make sure you have a game UMD in your drive.
    -Turn on your psp while holding down R. You will be in the recovery menu. make sure the NO-UMD is DISABLED.
    -Most games will run now. For Ratchet and Clank specifically, go to advanced, and change the cpu speed(iso/umd) to 266.

9. WahhdRed

WahhdRed Member

I get a black screen when I hold R while turning on the. psp

10. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Make sure your psp is completely off first. Also, are you having trouble playing iso's or umd disks?

11. WahhdRed

WahhdRed Member

i can run valkyrie profile iso but not tekken dark resurrection, the menus come up for the bleach iso but not the levels, ratchet and clank umd doesnt start, but untold legends 1 umd starts

12. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You still can't get to recovery?

13. WahhdRed

WahhdRed Member

Yes, the psp freezes when I hold r as i turn the power on.

14. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You can't do much without recovery menu. Try reflashing 3.40oe, or switch to another oe

15. MckinneR

MckinneR Member

I am having trouble playing UMB scince I upgraded to 3.40 OM-A, I Was at 1.50 the I ran the Win easy installer of 3.40 that I got off another fourm.

16. MckinneR

MckinneR Member

I am having trouble playing UMB scince I upgraded to 3.40 OM-A, I Was at 1.50 the I ran the Win easy installer of 3.40 that I got off another fourm. So what could the issuse be

17. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Make sure NO-UMD is disabled. It can be accessed from recovery menu.

18. WahhdRed

WahhdRed Member

I found out what the problem is. Its not that the psp is frozen, its that when I go to the recovery menu the screen's light turns off so that it looks like you have a blank screen. So I just pressed the screen button and the recovery menu appeared. I think this only happens when the psp is set to the 4th brightness level that cf allows you to access when trying to go to the recovery menu.

19. ellis0506

ellis0506 Member

go to psp setting and restore default settings it worked for me ;)

20. mrbling22

mrbling22 Member

dunno whats going on.. but when you can get in recovery mode.. make sure your psp is in 1.5 kernel.. for some reason that let me ratchet work.