1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40 OE-A...Increasing ISO SPeed?? Monster Hunter Freedom

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sandman42, Aug 14, 2007.

1. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Please help me...

I have the 3.40 OE-A and I got the ISO From my Original Copy of MHF...

Monster Hunter Freedom has LONG Loading Times and I was wondering if there was some way to increase the Speed so Loading would be faster??

I have CheatMaster and I tried to Increase to 333/166 CPU/BUS and it Froze My Game...I did it at a loading screen...

Please Respond on this Matter. Is FastLoader even Necessary I can just Load the ISO by putting it on my Memory Stick and Clicking the name...and it starts..No Prob and could I go Online with XLink Kai without WiFiMax??

2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

If you're at 3.40 OE-A, then using fastloader is just a waste of resources, you can run isos directly from the PSP as if it were a real UMD. Just take your iso, and put it into the ISO folder in the root of your memory stick (the root being the first thing you see after you open your PSP on your computer). The iso will appear in the GAME section of your PSP, under Memory Stick.

I also applied a patch to mine (it helps with the USA version but it's unnecessary with the EUR version).

To apply the patch:

Download ppf-o-matic3.exe

Download THE USA MHF PATCH.

After extracting the patch from the .rar file and following the directions of ppf-o-matic3, open your Monster Hunter iso and apply the patch--it's as simple as that.

I did this over a year ago when you needed to apply the patch to play the iso of the game and it still works fine for me.

3. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Well what is the Patch For...I was able to take the ISO from My Original UMD of Monster Hunter Freedom and put it onto my Memory Stick Duo 1GB and play it with no probs....

What is the patch for?

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Older OE firmwares probably couldn't play the ISO for some reason.

5. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Nah, the patch was because fastloader couldn't play MHF; this was long before any custom firmware came out.