1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40 oe-a problem loading ISOs

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by alitech, Jun 18, 2007.

1. alitech

alitech Member

Hello

I have been hunting for the answers to my questions for 2 hours and I cant get to them on this forum. I am sure its there and I'm probably too thick to figure it out.

So heres the scenario.

Just got a PSP 1.5 modded to 3.40 oe-a. Got a 4 gig memory stick as well.

Now trying to run ISOs that I downloaded. I cant seem to figure out where to put them on the memory stick.

I read that I am supposed to make a folder called ISO and then dump the iso file there.

Well, I did just that but when I try to go to the saved data in the memory stick from the PSP menu it says "no games found"

Now, i kinda figured out that I need a demo UMD or game disk of some sort to make the ISOs play. I just purchased one from ebay, its on its way. But in any case, the game should show up in the menu shouldnt it?

Furthermore, when I try to format the card with the PSP it comes with an error 80016b somthing but I try to do it with Windows and it formats it without an issue on FAT. Is the memory card bad?

And also, any ISO file will work right? PAL, US, JAP version?

So my questions are.

1. Why doesnt the game appear in the menu when its saved in the ISO folder?
    2. Will any ISO work? Why is CSO better?
    3. Where do I need to save these isos?

If someone can help me out or point me in the right direction, I would be much obliged.

2. bagai

bagai Guest

u don't need the demo umd just restart go to recovery and enable no umd
    the game didn't show up maybe because u missing some folder
    i got the same problem when i just format the memory stick in my computer then create folder ISO
    try to format from your psp then create folder in your computer

cso and iso don't know which is better

i'm a newbie so i don't know much but it may help

3. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Sounds like a memory card issue. Make sure your card can save upto (or close to) 4 gig.

NO-UMD should be disabled, and an actual umd should be inserted for most cases.

CSO's are compressed ISO's. Most of the time they play exactly the same. Some times you might notice some choppiness with CSO, but only rarely.

5. JAMUS

JAMUS Member

Just got a PSP 1.5 modded to 3.40 oe-a. Got a 4 gig memory stick as well.

Now trying to run ISOs is bit sketchy for me. I can run them using a daxISO loader. My problems are:

1) I CANNOT play ISO games off of the main menu. It sees them, plays music and loads the special background but when launched it crashes and says "game cannot be loaded."
    2) Using the DAXISO loader I CAN play games but my problem remains with saving. I can't save my progress in the game and if i try it crashes.

These files i have are good because it runs on my friends PSP off of my memory card. Also i synced my configuration settings to match his. I run the same version and everything. still no dice. I've search and search and played around with my settings and still no go.

I need a solution to being able to launch off the main GAME menu and make saving work. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Try switch the kernal, to 1.5/3.40.

Make sure the iso's are either in .iso or .cso (not .dax or anything else)

In advanced settings, make sure all 3 options are disabled.

I assume you have NO-UMD disabled, and an umd in the drive. Can you run the game from umd? Might be a faulty umd drive.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  7. JAMUS

JAMUS Member

I did play around with it before and it was all configured correctly.

I found out what my problem was. I had to reformat my mem stick. Somehow the DaxISO loader interferred with loading up ISO's directly from the menu and interferred with saving game profiles.

If anyone else has that issue where they cannot save the game, while running 3.40OEa, its probably due to the ISO loader.

Thanks for your help