1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40 oe-a PS1 Iso's black screen

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by shibby_uk, Jul 9, 2007.

1. shibby_uk

shibby_uk Member

hi,

i have custom firmware 3.40oe-a.i used magiciso on my resident evil 2 disc to make an iso then used simple popstation to make eboot and keys files and then picked the yeah copy to psp. the game shows up on psp but i only get the sony screen then black screen.any ideas why?? its killin me!

2. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Having the same problem. The only difference is that I ripped with DVDdecryptor, and popstationGUIv2.21 to convert Spyro the Dragon (the first). I load it just fine but then its just a black screen. I can press home and go into the menu for settings and viewing the manual, etc. The problem is that the actual game isn't working.

3. Meatwad3

Meatwad3 Member

first of all , only do NTSC ps1 games for psp, PAL games crash or have bad glitches, second, make sure you have the right ps1 iso-eboot converter, the 3.40oe-a ones dont use keys.bin, only the eboot, look for psx2psp for 3.40oe-a, sorry i dont have a link

good luck

4. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I have that and it doesn't work for me. I keep getting a error saying "invalid number of argument. Usage: popstation file.iso" and I am getting a little confused and pissed. I guess I will screw around with the PSX2PSP thing.

5. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

PSP RECOVERY SETTINGS

\CONFIG
    Skip SCE Logo = ENABLED (Optional)

Hide Corrupt Icons = ENABLED

Game Folder Homebrew = 1.50 KERNAL

Autorun Program At /PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP = DISABLED

Use NO-UMD = : ENABLED (If Game Wont Work Then Disable)
    : DISABLED (If You Have A UMD In The Drive)

Fake Region = DISABLED

Free UMD Region = ENABLED

\ADVANCED
    Plain Modules in UMD/ISO = ENABLED

Execute BOOT.BIN In UMD/ISO = DISABLED

Use ISOFS Driver Also In UMD-Inserted Mode = DISABLED

Use These Settings On My 3.40OE PSP Works Fine With ALL My UMD's, ISO's & PSX EBOOTS!

6. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Ripped, I have seen and tried those settings. My problem is not starting the POPs program, its the game loading.

7. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

try another game?

try using popstation v4

and try using nero to rip an image

or try downloading an already done eboot from www.pspiso.com

then u will narrow down the problem

8. sum277

sum277 Member

hey ok ummmm....i hv 3.40 0e-a and all my isos work except harry potter (phoenix)i see the sony ico then up comes a black screen and i\the orange light flickers like mad and nothing happens??? wats goin on help

9. oRazielo

oRazielo Guest

Happy Day, Happy Day. I have found the solution to our mutual problem and to be quite honnest its so simple you laugh after you read this post

Step 1: Create you ISO however you like. I suggest using Simple Popstation GUI Because it give you the ID Number Of your ISO. However at the end of the conversion process click no when you get the pop-up saying if you would like place the files on your memory stick.

step 2: in ms:/psp/game create a folder using the games ID number
    for example SLUSXXXXX (X Represent numbers) so you would
    create a the folder like this ms:/psp/game/SLUS-XXXXX or
    ms:/psp/game/SLUSXXXXX although I find that the hyphenated method works well for me. place the key.bin and eboot.pbp in that folder and
    there you have it the iso will work now. a side note only use known names for icons and backgrounds for example ICON0.PNG and PIC1.PNG
    and unless you know what your doing leave the SND0.AT3 field blank that also cause the iso failure. I know cause I tried it at least a dozen times before I figured out that SND0.AT3 was causing problems to

that it enjoy

10. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Dude, I don't think you really understand the full range of possible problems. That will only solve some problems. Anyways, I went to that one site mentioned above to get some working ones.

11. 34PSP

34PSP Member

Same here mate

After MANY MANY MANY hours of trying to get Harry Potter to work - Ive come to the conclusion that I might as well be banging my head against a brick wall..
    ..Just like "sum277" every game I have works fine using 3.40 oe/a except Harry Potter OoTP, So all you [people like me who spent hours trying to find a solution to get it working here it is .....

THIS GAME WILL NOT WORK ON YOUR PSP !!!

(Anyone who thinks they know different and know the solution please post and tell us...and dont mention the advanced config settings because ive tried everything!)

12. saocore

saocore Guest

I think the problem is you have a custom theme and the opening_plugin.rco you have in flash0 isnt the right one,
    restore the original one and I think it will work

13. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

Hold on 34PSP I have harry potter OoTP and it works fine for me. everything is okay. i know u hav heard this many times but you do have to use the recovery mode advanced>advanced options< and disable the 3 options in there. That worked for me. But between you and me your not missing much.

14. 34PSP

34PSP Member

Must just be my psp then...Ive tried everything thats been mentioned on here and nothing worked ....

nevermind....

15. saocore

saocore Guest

Hey! I only registered to help and you ignore it? try it at least