1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40 OE-A VS 3.51 M33?? which is better??

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jmscobra, Jul 16, 2007.

1. jmscobra

jmscobra Member

lately i have been seeing that everyone is upgrading to 3.51 M33. But is it worth going from 3.40oe to 3.51M33?? or what??
    opinions please!

2. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

custom themes dont work in 3.51 m33 but they do in 3.40. m33 has more ioptions but the only ones i know of is ps3 connectivity and RSS channel guide in rss channel. im sticking w/ 3.40 oe-a till themes work in 3.51 m33. m33 said they are working on an update w/ better custom theme compatibility so it shouldnt be long! :D

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Isn't like the only thing that messes up on it the battery icon?

4. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

na a custom wave, battery icon and topmenu mess it up :( but u can redirect ur theme to ur mem stick so that u can get ur theme even on 3.51 m33!!! :D i jus dont know how to lol.

5. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

I would stick with 3.40oe-a unto all the ruff edges of m33 have been smoothed out.

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Lol, look how long people have argued about 3.40oe and 3.03oe-c? People don't like changes. Some people are still living happily ever after in dev-hook land. But with time and new game releases, a newer custom firmware will be looking better and better.

But for now, I'm also sticking with 3.40 oe Xp

7. zachier

zachier Regular member

I , too, am sticking with 3.40 OE-A for now. We don't know; problems might arose sooner or later. And besides, there aren't any games that requires this firmware as of yet, anyway.

8. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

3.40OE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iz the shyt!!!!!!!! i loooove homebrew.. if it had a puzzy id fukc it.. i hope they dont band be for saying that =[.. PSPz are the shyt!! i didnt spell it correctly anyway.. PSP til i DIE!!!!!!! ima be 70 years old still modding and hacking pspz.. my LOOOOOOVEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:D

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Well put DEVINRL....My money is also on 3.40OE because I too like dabbling with the themes, (In case anyone cares-I have found CXMB to be a great little program for running your themes from the memstick rather than messing with your flash) and also 3.51 has some kinks that need to be worked out first before I will dive into it..Maybe when they release a final version? One without 800 updates?

10. adzilla

adzilla Member

Yeah well put

11. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

anyone else keepin in touch with this thread? anything new about the topic, m33 vs. 3.40oe-a? ;].. i got 3 psp's.. i wanna see if m33 is worth trying out.. is there any other great features?? it already suxx custom xmb is weak on the m33'z... rss channell??? and ps3 connectivity?? i aint even got a router.. whos hearda sumthin? i wouldnt doubt if them russians dropped out anota FW.. have they?

12. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Please Post what about 3.52 just released??

Anyone try it?

13. jmscobra

jmscobra Member

well im still sticking with dax 3.40oe, and i have another psp just that the screen is cracked (need to buy new screen)
    yeah 3.52 M33 just came out several days ago, its just patches bugs that 3.51M33 had and a newer fw.