1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40 oe help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by marlino23, May 2, 2007.

1. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

does anyone know how to get 3.40 oe on a psp thats current version is 3.40 because i tried but it doesnt work...is it just that you cant do it with a psps that isnt already OE...and does anybody have ay 3.40 downgraders...i am positive there is one because my friend did the downgrade and he had 3.40 Help:D

2. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

If your friend was running Sony 3.40 he lied there are no downgraders out for sony firmware higher than 3.03. You would need to downgrade to 1.5 before upgrading to custom firmware (3.40 oe) So basically your S.O.L. until the psp game gods make a downgrader.

3. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

alright thanks, im gonna take it to the pacific mall tho, see what they can do, they have their own things

4. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

Good luck. I suggest buying a new psp with lower firmware and return the one with 3.40 and get your money back. Then downgrade the new one. Search these forums for a thread that explains how to tell what firmware is on a psp before buying. There is one I just don't have time right now to search for you.

5. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

nah im positive they can do it i cannot afford a psp at the time or not even in the next year!

6. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

You might want to share that info here and at PSP-HACKS.com. Because everybody else says the highest official firmware that can be downgraded is 3.03 and I personally have never seen a downgrader higher than that.

Here read this http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=87964&p=1

7. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

its not something you can download, i have nno info on it i just know that my friend did it amd theat it can be done, its expensive so its work done by professionals, it's probly motherboard work

8. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

They probably just give you a different PSP with lower firmware so they can downgrade it then install the custom firmware.

Can you post any info on the place doing it. I'm sure alot of people will want to look into it including myself bacause I have friends who stupidly upgraded before I figured the hack out.

9. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

well i live in Toronto canada dude, so i dunno if you live around there, if you do just say so and then i'll give u the info on the pacific mall, but be forwarned that everythin in there is pretty bootleg lol

10. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

if i use the 3.40 OE-A Easy Installer, with the DATA.DXAR file included and my firmware version is 3.40 i can still get an OE, rite, please tell me quick im gonna try to flash it soon

11. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

Sounds like your getting ready to brick your PSP. Trust me read up first at http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/index.php

This is all the more I can offer. I just don't want to see you brick, but ultimately it's your choice.

12. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

alright dude i'll read that, thanx for caring tho lol