1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40 oe problems?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ioriyk, May 22, 2007.

1. ioriyk

ioriyk Member

Hi I just recently upgraded to 3.40 oe, it was fine for a while but after the day I installed it, the recovery menu's configuration menu is now blank, so I can't even toggle no-umd or what not on/off. Was loading guiltygear judgment fine, but now only loads only up to character selection screen, does not run mgs2 card one at all.

Any ideas guys? is it safe to reinstall 3.40 again on 3.40? or do i have to go back to 1.50 if I want to reinstall??

Thanks.

2. c0sit0

c0sit0 Member

need to go back to 1.5 I think because if you try to go to 3.40 you will brick it.

3. ioriyk

ioriyk Member

hah...i see your history though,3.03 to 1.5 = brick. I guess I'll stay with this until the next update unless someone has a better idea.

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Just reflash 3.40oe you can just put it on the memory card like before and flash it again.

5. ioriyk

ioriyk Member

sorry for being a noob, but how do I reflash? like reinstalling 3.40 again?
    Thanks in advance

6. ioriyk

ioriyk Member

again, would reflashing mean putting the oedmaker in game150 folder and doing what I did before?

7. POWELLO9

POWELLO9 Member

Mine did exactly the same. You need to format your Flash 1. Its dead easy and 100% safe. I did mine and its was soo easy. Just type psp Flash 1 formatter into google and read the read me file. Dead easy.

8. ioriyk

ioriyk Member

thanks, i think that did the trick. I thought it would be back to 1.50 but it was still 3.40 oe, nice.

9. POWELLO9

POWELLO9 Member

No worrys dude

10. CLLOKY

CLLOKY Member

Hi, me too facing the same problem, I got the Flash 1 formatter, extracted the "RECOVERY" folder which contain EBOOT.PBP file and transfer into my PSP->GAME folder, now how do I run this program? I did flash it but when I press "Configuration" it just gone blank (blue color b/ground). Can you pls guide me how to do this? The read me file does not show steps. Thanks a million!!

11. POWELLO9

POWELLO9 Member

I followed this and choose the clean format option.

Installation:
    Simply place the PSP folder included in this release in the root of your memory stick (ms0:/).

Usage:
    1. Turn off your PSP
    2. Turn on your PSP while holding down R to boot into Recovery Mode.
    3. Scroll to "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" and press Cross.
    4. Press tOc (Triangle + Circle + Cross) to unlock the program [this is to force people to read this readme.txt]
    5. Read the on-screen instructions (details of what each function does is provided below).

Details:
    Clean Format:
    Formats flash1 completely, to factory defaults.
    This means you WILL lose all your settings, including Network Settings, so BE CAREFUL.

Using your own dump:
    Formats flash1 by replacing all the files in flash1 with the dump that you provide.
    All files must be present in the ROOT of your memory stick (ms0:/).

Using the dump this program makes:
    Formats flash1 by replacing all the files in flash1 with the dump this program made.
    These settings include WLAN and Network settings, Wallpaper, Nickname, and Internet Cookies.

12. CLLOKY

CLLOKY Member

I don't get the Detail part: What do you mean Using your own dump? Sorry, i am noob in all this stuff, anyway, after i do all this, i'll have to reinstall 3.40OE-A right? So this step is to rebuild the 1.50EBOOT?

13. POWELLO9

POWELLO9 Member

No it doesn't effect 3.40oe. It'll just clear out your old Flash 1 Memory. You'll be rocking as soon as you do it. Clean format is the best option if you don't mind re-setting up your psp.

14. CLLOKY

CLLOKY Member

OK, i have put 'RECOVERY FOLDER' into PSP-GAME folder & run in Recovery mode, then press "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" and my PSP turn black, tried pressing Triangle + Circle + Cross and nothing happen. Then i have to restart again. Pls tell me anything that i miss? Thanks

15. POWELLO9

POWELLO9 Member

just re-check its def in the right folder. and your running from recovery mode. I am no expert, so appart from my experiance of doing it i'm not great. If you have more problems, start a thread about Flash 1 Formatting Problems one of the more experianced members will help im sure.

16. CLLOKY

CLLOKY Member

OK thanks man, will google & see any guide around.