1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40oe -a doesn't load any game?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by stephyyyy, Jun 19, 2007.

1. stephyyyy

stephyyyy Member

im new at firmware on here.. ive done ps2's before and it was easy :D but this wasn't ? :( I have a psp with what used to be a 2.81 firmware.. I upgraded to 3.03 and with the help of gta downgraded to 1.5 and now upgraded to 3.40oe-a.. but when I place an iso file in the root of the memory stick under iso folder the psp loads it but then a black screen shows up.. now with eboot.pbp games I place them in psp/games/whatevername/.. it says the game file is corrupted :( ive tried two different games for eboot.pbp and still the same thing.. I have no umd disabled and advanced config (all 3 options disabled) and I have a umd in the psp.. ive read on stuff about changing the firmware from 3.40oe-a to 1.5 in recovery or placing games maybe? in the games150/games340 folder? but the tutorials I read said nothing of this

2. drakex

drakex Regular member

You need to have a UMD inside... and the NO-UMD option in recovery configuration disabled... OR the ISO is damage.

3. stephyyyy

stephyyyy Member

somehow I doubt that? already said I have a umd in there and the no umd option disabled and ive tried 3 different files iso, and two eboot.phps

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  4. tylerscoo

tylerscoo Regular member

look at your cpu make it 333 if its not.

5. stephyyyy

stephyyyy Member

thats cpu speed is for the umd/iso rite? the iso still is blank/black when trying to start it and I just tried the eboot.pbp game and it still says it's corrupted :(

6. stephyyyy

stephyyyy Member

7. aznsteve

aznsteve Member

the NO-UMD option is in the recovery part.. turn off the psp completely and when you turn it on hold the R button to access this menu.

DISABLE NO-UMD

and in advanced, advanced configuration ive disabled the last 2 options.. my isos load up now.

8. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Youre probably on kernal 3.40 you need to change it to kernal 1.50.

9. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

what is kernel anyway. yea i know im still a newbie.

10. stephyyyy

stephyyyy Member

thought nooone responded to this message :X maybe I missed it in my emails :X sorry.. I figured it out though <3 don't use an easy installer for the 3.40oe.. I think that was the reason nothing worked.. I did it all again but manually and now the few games ive put on there worked <3

11. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Kernal is the firmware you run on basicly. e.g. on custom firmware 3.40oe-a there are two types of kernal, 3.40 and 1.5. 3.40 will allow you to play game demoes, but will not work with isos. 1.5 will allow you to run all hombrew except demos and ps1 games downloaded off the ps3 store.