1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40oe-a nesterj not working

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by resievol, Aug 1, 2007.

1. resievol

resievol Member

Hey guys i know you guys get asked all the time how to make these things work and ive searched and done step by step (I think) to make this work I have 3.40 oe-a and I have psp sei tool i loaded the eboot.pbp and put it into my psp now whenever I use sei it doesnt send it straight to my game150 folder it sends it to my game folder so I move the 2 nester j folders (one with % one without) into game150 when I start up my psp the icon comes up for nester but when I load it the screen goes black and in about 20 secs the psp autoshuts down. no words or anything come up. I have not deleted or messed with the corrupt data files I know those are important..but can anyone shed any light on how I can fix this?

2. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

yes,here's what you need to do.

HOLD R trigger and power switch up for 3-4 seconds, when you go into recovery mode, look into configuartion or something (just keep searching and you'll find it)

and it'll say 3.40OE Kernal, click X once to enable it, then it will become 1.50 kernal.

now exit the recovery mode

reformat your mem stick, make sure those 2 folders (even the % one) is in your GAME150 folder.

try it and tell me if it works, oh.. and if it doesn't

just download this file
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/387

it's a newer version of nester J
    just extract it using WinRAR, and only 1 folder should appear on your desktop. (i know, there's usually two) but just cut or copy that folder and paste it in your psp/game150 folder if you already tried every other version.

good luck

3. resievol

resievol Member

yeah my kernel was already setup for 1.50 but I did notice my icon for nester came up saying something like nesterj for devhook++2 something or other...maybe I just grabbed the wrong version...I will try the one you gave me...im a little confused about what exactly sei psp does besides get rid of corrupt icons? so ive got the file you gave me the link for unzipped do I need to put this directly into the game150 folder or do I need to physically make the 2 folders nesterJ % and nesterj ? im trying to weed through all of hte information on this site but its filled with so many of hte same questions not much light shed on using 3.40 oe-a and emulation though...