1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40OE-A problems starting ISO/CSO

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by tonlaan1, Jun 30, 2007.

1. tonlaan1

tonlaan1 Guest

I’m on 3.40OE-A But I can’t get most of my iso/cso to start
    That is; the little startup file on the memory stick were you activate the came works fine
    but than when I press X to really activate the came everything goes black and nothing happens.
    The Games Rattatouille works fine so does Transformers but I can’t start pirates o/t carribean and a lot of other games.
    Anyone knows what ‘s going on???

2. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Okay,

1) Make sure the games that don't work are .ISO or .CSO files.
    2) Make sure all your games are in the ISO folder in the root of your PSP.

3. tonlaan1

tonlaan1 Guest

I know were to put them its just that they don't work.
    First I upgraded from 3.03 OE-C to 3.40 OE-A thinking that updating the firmware was the problem but when I moved to 3.40 OE-A still most of them wont work.

4. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

bad iso/cso files maybe?
    go into recovery and make sure NO-UMD is set to disabled.
    have you got a umd in?

5. choccy31

choccy31 Member

This is a common problem with the 3.40 OE alot of the new games are not working and some people having problems with old ones too.

There is a glitch without doubt and needs fixing.

6. tonlaan1

tonlaan1 Guest

But I had it on the 3.03 OE-C also.
    That's why I upgraded to 3.40 thinking it was the"old" firmware
    in combinaton with newer games.
    obviously not.

Who knows somebody might come up with the amswer.

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I dont know about that rat-tat-toulie..or transfomers (havent tried those yet) but my Pirates game works fine...both dead mans chest, & worlds end...you probably have a bad rip..its not uncommon when getting your games from "questionable" sources...try a different one, or go buy them...

8. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Hey, i think you've got the same problem i had. I also have 3.40 OE-A and have found that it would not load some games. Even when reflashing my backup of flash0 (because i'd messed around with that a bit) and checking all my files, i still couldn't boot most of the newer games out there. I searched different forums, finding others with the same problem, most of them just ending up recovering into 1.5. I didn't want to have to do that as it takes up time to do everything over again. I saw one post suggesting to go into recovery and change the default cpu speed in iso's to 333mhz, not thinking it would have an effect but willing to try anything i changed it and booted up R&C:SM (one of the many games that froze on boot or at the main menu), i was pretty amazed to see the logo pop up, it was a good sight after so many black screens! Hope this helps you as well.

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Agreed... That is a good suggestion you have there to boost up the processor-I know Ratchet & Clank:SM needs at least 300mhz to run properly..And it wont hurt to up your processor speed either-it just decreases your battery life, thats all...