1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40oe-a questions

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by barrons19, May 3, 2007.

1. barrons19

barrons19 Member

Im on 3.40oe-a now.

i have customised the icons, wave , battery , volume , gameboot , cintro and the welcome screen also have the fimrware updater so it restarts my psp instead.

anyway

questions.

1.) can i have a custom welcome screen that i had made by a lovely person on this forum with a bootsound too is that possible? or can you only have one or the other?

2.) How do i change the text of the firmaware updater to "ReBooT BarronS PsP" i dont know how to use hex

3.) Can someone point me in the direction of some 3.40oe-a top menu icons i have took a few from justins thread but they semi bricked my psp as i dont know what ones are and are not 3.40 compatible.

also i would like some new wave and even how to change the colour of my font?

all in all i am very pleased with my new firmware and customisations thanks to this board and searching about on the net.

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

to change the text download rco editor .14b, open the topmenu and text and find the one u wanna change

3. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

Cintro works on 3.40 OE-A!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? if so, i am upgrading immediately!

2.) Hex is easy mate, grab a hex editor; scroll down and look for the words seperated by . . . - in other words: ...G.A.M.E...S.H.A.R.E...!"

or something similar...

3.) as far as i know, your topmenu has to be a 2.50 decrypted topmenu for firmwares 3.03 OE-X +

And you cannot change the color of your font....i am still looking for a way, but i do not see it...

good luck, happy hunting!!

CINTRO works on 3.40 OE-A!?!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

4. barrons19

barrons19 Member

yeah i found out how to do it on another really good psp forum, and also they say and i have seen it done you can change your font color too,

so so far i have no way to hex editor as i still dont want to risk it, and a few questions still un answered.

would be really cool if you could have a custom welcome AND sound.

so how do i convert icons so they are compatible with 3.40oe-a , is there a gudie?

5. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

3.30 OEX+ topmenu guide (look for the posts by Ephumuris & edit his already fully customized icon sets - easier than trying to do it from scratch urself...):

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/496694

...and changing the bootsound isnt that hard...also changing the SCElogo; not very hard...but, some custom bootsounds will make psx games not play....so, i stay far away from that nonsense...im trying to get CINTRO working to play a pmf instead of the SCE COLDBOOT...

hope this helps m8!

6. maskiri

maskiri Guest

does this work on 3.40oe-a

7. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

OMG, just read the thread!

8. maskiri

maskiri Guest

yes but i dont understand at all how to do this..this my first time doing it so can u please help me from scratch

9. guano

guano Regular member

And I have a question for you:

Why 3.40?

10. maskiri

maskiri Guest

i dont knw i just chose that no harm they all the same i assumed

11. guano

guano Regular member

And when you "assume", you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me". :( You should go to 3.03 OE-C. Get behind the times, man! (more compatability.)

12. maskiri

maskiri Guest

dude its working now 3.40oe-a rules yeya in your face lol!! im kidding man, but when you upgrade again or downgrade all the custom icons will be gone right??

13. guano

guano Regular member

You're right.

Hey, biggins19 or w/e your name is - How come you have a 19 in your name, but a 17 in your sig? Weird. I just noticed that.

14. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Can't anyone do anything themselves these days? I guess not.

@Guano
    o_O ok?...

15. barrons19

barrons19 Member

the number representa my age. why does it matter, cheers for the icon help