1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40OE-A troubles.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pspboy666, Sep 17, 2007.

1. pspboy666

pspboy666 Member

Hi there,

My problem isn't a major one but it is slightly frustrating, whenever I use the Recovery Menu or anything flash related (specifically devhook) my PSP decides to give me a black screen which initially made me think it'd either crashed, bricked or something else, but...after about 30 seconds the black screen changes and my PSP displays what I was trying to get into, unfortunately the second I click any button (even on the d-pad) it goes black again for another 30 or so seconds and then the screen pops up again with my new item selected (hope that makes sense)...what could be causing it and how would I go about fixing it? I thought maybe formatting the memory stick would help but it doesn't, so anyway....any advice would be welcomed, thanks. :)

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you don't need devhook on 3.40 oe-a. it's considered obsolete when running 3.40 oe-a. if you want a umd ripper, update to 3.52 m33, then 3.52 m33-4

if you think you're on a semi-brick, use pandora's battery to go back to 1.5, since you're having problems with the recovery menu. a clean start should fix it.

3. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

it's not a semi brick and even if it was he doesn't need to use pandora he could just use the 1.50 recovery folder,that can be found here http://www.sendspace.com/file/j3j2e2 put the folder in the game folder go into recovery mode and select run programme at psp/game/recovery/eboot this will take you back to 1.50 then you can install your custo firmware from there

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  4. pspboy666

pspboy666 Member

under normal circumstances you're right, buuuuuut...I'm using cheatdevice for GTA:LCS and VCS, which doesn't run on 3.40OE-A so it needs to be done via devhook

5. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you can use cwcheat. i haven't used it, but it can run on 3.40 oe-a. go to dl.qj.net to get it.

6. pspboy666

pspboy666 Member

I see what you're saying, but it's not what I'd call a semi-brick because everything I'm trying to do DOES actually work, it just takes forever and ever to work because of this black screen crap that happens when I click something, it never used to do it and I can't figure out what's causing it, because I'm almost certain it's homebrew/software related, yet the problem occurs despite having formatted the stick.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have never heard of this problem.

But I do have a suggestion. It might not be the problem and I could be way off base (Since you said it is doing this in recovery menu). But check the CPU Clock speed settings for the XMB see if somehow it was lowered.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  8. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

it's the first i've heard of this, too.

the xmb cpu speed could be the problem. if all else fails, do a clean start, and see if that works.

9. pspboy666

pspboy666 Member

I tried your suggestion and unfortunately it didn't work, even bumping the clock speed all the way up didn't change anything.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try re-installing your CFW HERE is the RECOVERY folder. The link Sicdude provided above no longer works.

11. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

it does now lol

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I went through and searched my threads and changed the link as well. I think I got most of them changed. I duno why the other file wouldn't download anymore. All my other files worked fine but that 1 wouldn't.

13. Trixx_14

Trixx_14 Regular member

i had this probleme a lonnnnnggg time ago. if u havent figured it out all it is is the brightness level. all you have to do it press the button to the left of the music note and his the button that looks like a square into it shows up.

14. pspboy666

pspboy666 Member

Thank you! :D it works perfect now!

15. Trixx_14

Trixx_14 Regular member

no prob anytime btu u have to do tht with any homebrew type stuff.

16. pspboy666

pspboy666 Member

some homebrew doesn't seem to affect it, but anything related to flash/firmware seems to need it, seems to work on the lowest brightness setting....I'm thinking the firmware/flash stuff was only designed to run on the lowest setting, just a thought