1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40oe-A upgrade help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ovrfiendx, Apr 25, 2007.

1. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

I'm using 3.30oe-A now and wish to upgrade to 3.40oe-A. Just want to make sure on something. Do I need to change the kernel to 1.50 in the recovery menu before upgrading? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm confused about what that kernel option is for. By default it is set to 3.30. I noticed the upgrade is to be placed in the game150 folder. SO do I need to change to kernel 1.50 to execute the upgrade from that folder?

Thanks in advance.

2. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

not quite sure m8 just try and run it see wot happens but dont brick ur psp like me lol

3. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

no. just put it in the game 150 folder and run it. set your psp to default settings in the system info menu i am not sure why but i read somewhere to do it and it wouldnt hurt just to be on the safe side. i also format my memory stick before any upgrade downgrade also.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  4. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

@frog1

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me what the option to switch kernels would be used for. I read about it somewhere before but can't seem to find it again.

5. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

i am not real sure i have never really used it. i did once change it to 1.5 kernal and then you can run homebrew from just the GAME folder and not the GAME150 folder but that is not really useful as then none of your iso will work because they need higher firmwares to run. so in short no i dont know what it used for. something i obviously dont need. sorry i couldnt help further. :)

6. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

No prob. Thanks again for all your help. I was just wondering. I have not needed it yet either (everything I do runs fine) just thought it might be important.

7. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

it could be if you do certain things to your psp but i just pretty much play games , movies and the odd homebrew and you dont need it for that so its probably for something more complicated i will leave to the people who know what they are doing. LOL :)

8. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

and why do u need to upgrade 2 3.40oe-a der int much point if ur on 3.30oe-a

9. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

@Frog1
    I ran the update now at 3.40oe-A. Thanks for all the help.

From what I can figure the kernel option is just for the GAME folder. It sets what homebrew will run from that folder, but you can just put it in the other game folders (150 or 340)for the same version homebrew. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

@scott2k7
    I don't know, because I can. Just to run the newest firmware.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  10. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

@scott2k7
    why not?

11. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

wel yer frog1 i see wot u r sayin but there int much other stuff on it from 3.30

12. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

wel yeh i found out im guna update to 3.40oe cos my psp is fixed now i replaced flash0 files which a had used for gamebbots a week earlier worked like a charm