1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.40OE cant play 40% of My games

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bungopah, Jun 19, 2007.

1. bungopah

bungopah Member

there old games in CSO or ISO and they work fine in devhook. is there any problem with 3.40OE?
    This is what I have done.:
    1. Formated the mem stick using the PSP.
    2. Put the games in ISO folder. I tried the working games in devhook like powerstone but its not working in 3.40OE
    PS: I use this easy installer http://www.mediafire.com/?2mzqj5dyrni
    please let me know if I do anything wrong. thanks.

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Go to recovery, disable NO-UMD. Make sure you have a game umd inserted.

Go to advanced, advanced settings, make sure all 3 options are disabled.

3. bungopah

bungopah Member

let me get this straight on no UMD. I disable UMD on bootup. a UMD is always there, now you want me to enable UMD on bootup?

4. scrum

scrum Member

I'm slightly confused by "I tried the working games in devhook like powerstone ". You're not using devhook anymore, are you? 3.40 OE doesn't need it.

Blackvamp was telling you NO UMD needs to be disabled and you need to have a UMD disk in the PSP.

5. bungopah

bungopah Member

Yes I dont use devhook anymore. I did in the past.
    OK I think I will try to NO UMD disabled, because I disable UMD boot, maybe thats the problem. thanks. all.

6. bungopah

bungopah Member

Ok Here is the deal:
    I followed up the instruction.
    1.Go to recovery, disable NO-UMD. Make sure you have a game umd inserted.----where is recovery on PSP menu? I went to system settings and I turn on UMD Auto Start.

2Go to advanced, advanced settings, make sure all 3 options are disabled. ---->>Where is Advance settings in PSP menu? I went thru all System Settings, still couldnt find advance settings.

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

the recovery console...you need to power off your psp totally, then while powering back on- you hold down the R trigger button and it will bring up a blue screen-navigate to "configuration", then to where it says "use NO UMD" select that so it says its currently disabled. go back to the main menu-scroll to "advanced" and then "advanced configuration" make sure all three options are set to disabled-go back and then exit out of recovery-it will restart for you..

also dont mess with anything else in your recovery console unless you have done your homework.

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

some games need to have the kernel set to 1.50 if im not mistaken, at least more of my games work that way...

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

thats more for homebrew-and some emulators...I have mine set to 3.40 kernel, and emulators work fine though..go figure

10. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

oh im kinda new to the psp but for some reason shrek would only launch in 1.50 and even then it wouldnt play right. but i guess messing with the settings will help him fix it the most.

11. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

indeed..thats what its all about-getting the right setting so you can get the game to work like its supposed to!

12. bungopah

bungopah Member

I got it working guys, thanks all for all your help.
    I have burntout dominator where the memory LED is flashing like crazy but it doesnt load the game. should I tweak this to 3.40?

13. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I would imagine so...Like I said,I have mine set at 3.40 kernel all the time, and have not had any trouble with emulators or my iso's-I know some homebrew apps are a bit picky about the kernel, but you gotta just play around with it to see what works best for you.

14. bungopah

bungopah Member

thanks bro, youve been great help

15. kcbc

kcbc Member

I have run into the same situation with 3.40 oe. Works just fine after making the changes in the Recovery Mode. But i find those changes do not stay configured. So i am constantly doing these settings. My psp's with 3.10 and 3.30 oe's both have the same recovery menu but retain the good settings.

Any suggestions on how to keep the UMD no disk and advanced config settings set to disabled as default?

As an aside when ever i go to the recovery console my wallpaper i have set for the psp gets unset.

Is this normal for 3.40 oe or is my psp acting a tad squirrely. It plays stuff just fine though after the configs are disabled.

16. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

no, thats not right...your settings should stay configured when you set them in recovery mode. I would re-flash your firmware..find the 1.5 recovery, and then get the 3.40OE easy installer from psp-hacks. once you reflash, format your memory stick and restore the default settings in the PSP system menu...

17. kcbc

kcbc Member

Is the 1.50 Recovery something that you trigger in recovery mode. Or do i need to look for a downgrader? I have just used the easy install version to upgrade firmware never done it the manual method. Any info would be appreciated thank you!

18. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

yeah you need to find the eboot to get you back to 1.5 firmware, but you run it from the recovery console.

19. kcbc

kcbc Member

The Same Update.pbh file i would have used to downgrade in the first place? How do you run it from the console?

20. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

well if you do it manually, you can revert to 1.5 from the recovery console...Try this its the 1.5 recovery winstaller....much easier.