1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.50 Confusion

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Valiente, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Valiente

Valiente Guest

Hey, everyone I recently purchased a copy of Lumines to downgrade my PSP 3.40, i downloaded the 3.50 firmware update, yet when i select the upgrade it appears as a corrupt icon, that and a message appears telling me the very same thing. Odd since its an official sony upgrade. Can anyone tell me how to fix this or send me atleast a link to a good updater. Honestly i really am confused on this. Plz any help would be appreciated, afterdawn has come through for me many many times. Again thanks.

2. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

Where do you have the udate files? Do you have everything in the right place?

3. Valiente

Valiente Guest

Yeah, I placed the update where its suppose to be placed. PSP/GAME/UPDATE.

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

rename the update to say EBOOT because it prolly says 1334_EBOOT or something.

5. Valiente

Valiente Guest

Once again, Afterdawn comes through. Thanks metalgeat and thank you mrmcman. You were right Mrmcman, i didnt rename the eboot, it still had all those digits it came with when i had downloaded the update. Renamed it and its upgrading as we speak. Thanks both of you.

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I'm sure your going to want to downgrade a.s.a.p. so instead of waiting for you to post back with tales of your successfull upgrade to 3.50 I took the initiative and made a guide for you! The guide is below, it works with all motherboards, and will walk you through the process of downgrading to firmware 1.5.

For the entire duration of this guide have your PSP plugged in and at least at 80% battery life.

Files needed to downgrade:
    3.50 Downgrading Files
    Firmware 1.5 EBOOT

1) Format your memory-stick. After it has been formatted go into USB mode.

2) Unzip the 3.50 Downgrade files (350dg.zip). Copy the folder named PSP into the root of your memorystick.
    Don't know what the root of your memory stick is? Check out the pic below...
    [​IMG]

3) Extract the firmware 1.5 eboot. Rename the file to UPDATE.PBP and copy it into the UPDATE folder within the GAME folder that is within the PSP folder. If needed create a folder called UPDATE.
    Make sure not to overwrite the file named EBOOT.PBP

4) Now exit USB mode. Insert the Lumines UMD into your PSP's UMD drive. Load the game. When the game gets to the start screen press "start".

5) A "loading save game" screen should appear momentarily,the screen will then clear itself and should be filled with a light blue color. At this step the PSP should reset itself and be back at the XMB.

6)The last processed was suppose to haev initiated HEN. To make sure HEN is running go to System Settings and then System Information and ensure that the firmware reads as being at 3.50 HEN.

7) Assuming that it is showing up as 3.50 HEN you can now go to the game menu and run UPDATE X.YZ

8)Before the Downgrader does anything to your PSP it will ask for you to agree to what it is about to do. Hit either X to agree or the R trigger to exit.

9)Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not remove the battery plug or unplug the PSP.

10)Once finished the PSP will ask you to "press X to resest", after pressing it should reset itself. (If it don't reset press O instead)

11)If a blue screen (BSOD) comes up saying that the settings are corrupt press X or O to continue. Then press either X or O.

12) Congrats your now at homebrew capable firmware 1.5!

Now I also assume you want to upgrade to the latest OE firmware. This process is incredibly simple. First format your memory card. Now put your PSP in USB mode. Then run the 3.40 OE-A Easy Installer.. Now exit from USB mode. Go to the game menu and run the 3.40 OE-A Updater.(It may not be named that exactly but it should be close). Press X to agree... When it's done you will be at custom firmware 3.40 OE-A!

7. Valiente

Valiente Guest

PeaInAPod, people like you are what make Afterdawn such a great forum, honestly i mean that, i was just thinking about looking for a guide to help me downgrade from 3.50. Thanks PeaInAPod, if it wouldnt be too much of a bother could you tell me if the latest firmware the one you had mentioned um 3.40 would allow me to play those gba games and psx games or n64 games that lead me to downgrade? Again thanks for everything and if you could help me out with that quick question id appreciate it.

8. lordofuo

lordofuo Regular member

i can help too!!

lol.

yeah you need to downgrade, then find custom FW 3.40 OE-A. (dont trust 3.51 M33 just yet.)

then you need to goto Qj.net, or psp-hacks.com and get some emulators for the PSP. (GBA,SNES,N64,GENESIS ETC.)

then you just unzip your roms into the right directory and wala!!!!

if you need more detail just say so.

hope this helps!

9. Valiente

Valiente Guest

Lordofuo, thanks and im gonna take you up on that offer for help, so your saying that if i upgrade i still have the same capabilities of a 1.50 firmware (emulators and etc) plus those new features or am i just jumping ship? Again thanks for your help, id appreciate it greatly if you could clarify that for me, because if i can i would probably just from 1.50 to the one you recommended.

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Once downgraded to firmware 1.5 you want to upgrade to a OE/custom firmware like 3.40 OE-A, 3.03 OE-C, etc. With a custom firmware you are basically getting the homebrew capabilities of 1.5 with the latest advances in Sony's PSP firmware. Along with the abilties to recover from a brick, play umd iso's without the need for a actual umd (in most cases) and you can upgrade and downgrade to whatever firmware you want, as long as it is a custom firmware, at your own will! And as far as playing GBA, PSX, and N64 games on your PSP there are different methods for each, which I will go into depth and description on when you get to a custom firmware.

11. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Once downgraded to firmware 1.5 you want to upgrade to a OE/custom firmware like 3.40 OE-A, 3.03 OE-C, etc. With a custom firmware you are basically getting the homebrew capabilities of 1.5 with the latest advances in Sony's PSP firmware. Along with the abilties to recover from a brick, play umd iso's without the need for a actual umd (in most cases) and you can upgrade and downgrade to whatever firmware you want, as long as it is a custom firmware, at your own will! And as far as playing GBA, PSX, and N64 games on your PSP there are different methods for each, which I will go into depth and description on when you get to a custom firmware.

12. Valiente

Valiente Guest

Alright ive downgraded and upgraded but now im aiming to go towards the 3.03 OE-C firmware you had suggested. The only trouble is (currently im at 3.03 BO-E firmware) everytime i try and load the udpate maker i get a message saying that the 1.50 PBP cant be found. In general i need help trying to upgrade from 3.03 BO-E to 3.03 E-C. Thanks

13. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

14. Valiente

Valiente Guest

Alright thanks ill try it when i get home im heading out to work as well.

15. beatz

beatz Regular member

16. Valiente

Valiente Guest

You have a good very extensive very informative guide their beatz, when im done trying to downgrade ill go over and check it out. Oh and thanks PeaInAPod that easy installer was just that, extremely easy to use. I'm downgrading and so far so good. Yet i was wondering what things do you think i need to know for uploading FF7 (FF7 is a PSX game just incase you didn't know) on my PSP. Probably the only reason im messing around with firmwares is because of that so if you could spot me some info that would be good. Again thanks you've been saving me many headaches.

17. beatz

beatz Regular member

18. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@Valiente

When you get up to a custom firmware let me know and I will post a easy to use guide on the entire process of converting PSX games to EBOOT's for your PSP.

19. Valiente

Valiente Guest

Alright i downgraded, yet i was wondering is their any ISOS minimzer or something. I read that a PSX game can go as far a 500 mb. A 2 Gig memory card can only go so far. So im ready PeaInAPod where is this guide for PSX into EBOOT's? Thanks

20. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

No problem, I will be back on tomorrow morning as it is 12:30 pm my time and I got a long day ahead of me and need the sleep. So expect a guide by midday tomorrow at the latest.