1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.50 EASY DOWNGRADER GUIDE

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by igizmore, Jun 27, 2007.

1. igizmore

igizmore Guest

Requirements:
    1) A legal UMD copy of Lumines, either US (ULUS10002) or EU (ULES00043) .

2) You need Winrar to open zipped and RAR files download it from http://winrar.com

3) PSP running Sony’s official 3.50 firmware , If your psp is under 3.50 just download the update from ,Connect psp to PC via usb , Unzip and place the file in :/PSP/GAME/UPDATE (make a folder called UPDATE in the game folder and place the 3.50 EBOOT.PBP there ), make sure your battery is full , run the game via the GAME menu and delete the data when your done.

NOTE:
    If you have a TA082+ motherboard and you downgrade to 1.50, currently you will be unable to upgrade to 3.30+ Sony firmware. This is due to Sony blocking updates when the PSP has been modified to run 1.50. There will be an application released later which will allow users to revert the changes. If you are using a TA082 motherboard then I would suggest just using 1.50 or OE until an application is released.

WARNING, ANY DOWNGRADER HAS A CHANCE OF BRICKING A PSP. WHEN A PSP IS BRICKED YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE IT ANYMORE. PLEASE TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Well like other downgraders it has its own risk too .

INSTRUCTIONS :
    1) Download the downgrader pack from

2) Connect your PSP to your PC via USB

3) Open the file with winrar and copy the PSP folder to the ROOT of the PSP , if ti asks you if it can overwrite click on "Yes" .

4) Load Lumines and press x to start the game

5) The screen will clear to black and fill with a light blue colour, then the PSP will reset itself.

6) Check that HEN is running by going to system settings, then to"System Information" and it
    should show up as system version 350 HEN

7)If it is showing up as HEN then go to the memory stick and run the x.yz update (1.50)

8)If you have an unpatched TA-082 or higher motherboard, you will be to allow the downgrader to patch your motherboard so it can be safely downgraded. The downgrader will not let you proceed without patching, if your motherboard requires it.

9)Before the downgrader does anything to your PSP it will ask for you to agree to what it is doing, if you no longer want to continue press the Right Shoulder Button (R-TRIGGER).

10)Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not unplug the PSP, or try and restart it

11)Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, and reset itself

12) If it comes up saying that the settings are corrupt, press x to continue, this will mean you will need to re-enter the settings for network connections into your PSP, otherwise go to step14

13) Load the included NetConfigBackup application in your PSP, and select torestore, this will take the backup that was done of the network config that was done automatically during the downgrade.

14) All done now . Hopefully you now have a 1.50 PSP .

Troubleshooting
    If when trying to restore the network config using netconf backup you find that it gives you an error on the downgraded 1.50 PSP, try adding a temporary network config, then deleting it and run the netconf backup again.

2. funky22

funky22 Guest

is anyone done it i am on 3.10 for 5 monts i wanna downgrade it but i am a little afraid wanna see is anyone done it pls respond thx finaly :)

3. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  4. skateade

skateade Guest

I have a 3.50 psp(upgraded today to try the downgrader) & I'm having problems with the downgrade. I have Lumines(EU ULES00043)& have downloaded all relavent files etc. Problem is, after following steps 1-4 the game just loads as normal, no black/blue screen, no update, just runs as game usually does. I've never tried doing this before so good chance I'm missing something completely obvious, but can't see what!! Does it matter if file is saved to mp root or ms root? Anyone else having trouble, or any advice you could throw my way? No hurry cos I'll be off for a while but help would be appreciated. Thanks

5. igizmore

igizmore Guest

6. igizmore

igizmore Guest

P.S: Change the system language to ENGLISH

7. psphunt

psphunt Guest

thx sooooooooo much mate

8. funky22

funky22 Guest

I done it it was so easy ,man its amazing finaly i was on 3.10 for 5 monts now i am on 3.40oe_a and its great now just to download lots of iso games thx to noobs keep it that way ,now just to make rsx custom driver for ps3 under linux and we are on the roll

9. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

My psp is @ my dads house, I can wait to downgrade it!

10. skateade

skateade Guest

I really, really must be doing something obviously wrong, but all I'm still getting is the game playing as normal!!! Downloaded from link on this page, copied MS_ROOT file to MS_ROOT on memory stick, re-named the 1.50 update & put that in memory stick under PSP-GAME-UPDATE & ran the Lumines game. Nothing happened. Repeat many times, pull hair out, try & see what I'm doing wrong, but no, can't see it. Probably right in front of me, totally obvious so if someone could put me right I'd be grateful! Cheers.

11. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

Skateade:
    Not sure how PC literate you are so here some suggestions.
    MSROOT is NOT a folder or file, it is the equavalent of your PSP drive (eg. F: or G:)
    In order for the 1.50 downgrade portion to work during the step of loading the Lumines game you need to press START the second you see the START option in the game. The screen should then flash blue and reset back to the XMB. Then carry on with the steps as indicated.

Also check the following:
    You have set the PSP to English and are using Lumines I (not II) and not the Japanese version.

Still not come right? yell and I'll post my personal manual I wrote (credits to Noobz and Dax) since I didn't want to make a mistake downgrading and upgrading 6 of my psp's. All went perfectly!

12. skateade

skateade Guest

See, that's what it was, trying to put it in specific folder!! Knew it was obvious. Thank you VERY much drugless!!

13. skateade

skateade Guest

Just finished & all worked like a charm, now what to do with my new 1.50.......................

14. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

Skateade:

Ok Now I suggest Upgrading to DA's 3.40OE-A

You need to download the following:
    3.40 Open Edition REvision A Easy Installer
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1134

My Instructions: (Credits to DA, Noobz, Team C+D, ADePSP)
    Installing Dax 3.40OE
    1. You need 75% battery. Plug in charger and leave connected through entire process.
    2. Connect PSP to PC via USB and select USB Connection on PSP
    3. Run Easy Installer. Ie. 340oeEasy.exe
    Select Run
    Select Install. Wait.
    4. When finished, Disconnect the PSP USB
    5.Go to your PSP's game tab, then memstick, Run the firmware update
    Select X when requested OR if you want a last chance to backout follow instructions on PSP.
    7. Restart the PSP. It may start the Lumines game if you still have it in. Just Home back to XMB.
    8. The PSP may say your settings are corrupt and press O to recover. If nothing happens just turn off the PSP and restart. The PSP should then request you to redo all your settings. (I assume your settings are not important)
    9. Check version is now 3.40 OE-A
    10. Format the Memory Stick.
    11. Load Recovery Mode: Turn off PSP. Hold down R lever and turn on PSP.
    Select Configuration: Skip SCE Logo: Enabled
    Hide Corrupt icons: Enabled
    Game folder homebrew: 3.40 kernel
    Leave rest to: Disabled

Go Back
    Select CPU Speed: Change both to 333
    Go Back
    Select Registry Hacks: Activate WMA and Flash Player : (Optional)
    Go Back
    Select Exit

15. ian2007

ian2007 Member

cheers for the guide. im just having one problem when i start the x.yz update it loads up and says cant find pbp. although i have already put the 1.50 update into the update folder and renamed it to UPDATE.PBP. anyone got any ideas?

16. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

Not THE expert, but are you sure you Unzipped the 1.50 Update to a temporary folder, then renamed the EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP and ONLY then copied it to your <pspdrive>:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE folder.
    Anyone else have any ideas?

17. ian2007

ian2007 Member

what to you mean by a temporary folder. do is it mean to create a new folder within the game folder?

18. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

No. Not a temporary folder on the PSP. I am referring to the Guide where you could possibly overwrite the EBOOT.PBP on the PSP's \PSP\GAME\UPDATE folder if you missed a step.
    Therefore ensure you unzip the 1.50 update to a temporary folder on your PC. In this temporary folder a EBOOT.PBP will exist.
    Then rename this same EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP.
    Then copy this UPDATE.PBP to your PSP's <pspdrive>:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE folder.
    Follow the guide from there on.
    Also after Loading Lumines and pressing START it should go back to the XMB. Check your System Software to see if it says 3.50 HEN.
    Then run the XYZ Update.
    Good Luck

19. ian2007

ian2007 Member

thx for help. at 1.5 now

20. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

Excellent! Welcome to World of Homebrew!
    I suggest upgrading to Dax 3.40OE-A
    Yell if you get stuck.