1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.51 M33 Firmware/Playing Online ?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by iori666, Jul 29, 2007.

1. iori666

iori666 Member

I just have a question about being able to play online with others or browse the internet with my psp even thou i did the downgrade and i have a 3.51 M33 Firmware, i ask because i went to my uncles house and he has wireless coneccion, so i went on my psp and i scan the coneccion point and it found it etc etc etc, but it asked me if i wanted to upload it.

Now, if i click on yes, would it hurt my PSP? as in deleting my firmware and making me not able to play ISOs anymore ?

I wasnt sure so i click no and it took me out of it... so it didnt let me browse anything, not even let me get on the browser, so i guess i had to click yes and let it upload, but once again, will it affect my firmware?

Please answer me with any suggestions...

2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

It won't hurt anything... BUT.

It will upgrade your PSP to a non-downgradable state. You will not be able to run homebrew if you run the update.

3. iori666

iori666 Member

Ok so if i update it, i can still install ISOs to my memory stick and change the gameboots, BUT if i want to re-downgrade it for some reason, i wont be able to....right?

(unless they come up with a downgrade for the version i update it?)

4. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

No, you won't be able to play ISO's either. You are downloading official Sony Firmware.

5. iori666

iori666 Member

Damn so in order to play Online with other players i need to get that stupid update, any ideas how i can not get the update and still play online? or browse the net with my PSP ?

6. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

from what I have gathered is you want to play an ISO online, but in order to do that you have to upgrade to official Firmware. But if you do that then you cant play the ISO you have to begin with. lol catch 22 but if you ask me I would say just get 3.40 OE-A because its more stable and you wouldnt have to worry about upgrading to play ISO's online.

7. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

go to 3.52 m33

8. iori666

iori666 Member

Ok, so theres hope?
    I was just afraid that having 3.51 M33 and the updating the PSP so i can go online to browse the net and to play UMDs and ISOs with other people, it would erase the custome 3.51 M33 firmware and i wouldnt be able to download ISOs and install them on my memory stick to play them anymore.

But if i go to 3.52 M33 i wouldnt have to worry?
    i didnt choose 3.40 OE-A because i read on thses forums that 3.51 M33 was way better !

So should i go with 3.52 M33?

9. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

yes. it uses 3.52 so u can do stuff online.

10. iori666

iori666 Member

Sweet thanks man !