1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.52 M33 'Games could not be started'

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Samikox, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Samikox

Samikox Member

Hi.
    Recently my friend downgraded his PSP and then we put 3.40 OE on it to play isos. For a while it worked fine and then suddenly it would start displaying the message
    "This game could not be started (80020148)"
    So we re-downgraded it to 1.5 and then back up to 3.4OE. And again, for a while it worked fine but yesterday it just started displaying that message again.

So we decided to try the new firmware out (3.52), even included the update. The upgrade was successful so I tried to run an ISO on it again. The first time when I tried to play the ISO it just played the UMD which I had kept in the PSP. So I turned that off and restarted my friends psp. After that I tried the ISO again and this time it started displaying the same message:
    "This game could not be started (80020148)"
    Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try? Or know why this is happening?

Notes:
    -He has always kept the UMD in
    -His memory card is a Sony 2gb and it is genuine
    -I've tried going to recovery mode and then setting it to no UMD. No luck there.
    -UMD auto-start is set to off
    -I tried more than one ISO

I appreciate any help. Thanks!

2. Samikox

Samikox Member

Thanks for your help. I tried what you suggested and I still got the same annoying error message.

As for the iso, it should be good. I tried two different ones. The first one was one that USE to work on his psp. The second is one that currently works on my hacked PSP. So I don't think it is the iso.

3. Samikox

Samikox Member

Tekken Dark Resurrection. I tried changing the CPU speed to 300 but still no luck. :(

4. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

Advanced settings all off and your PSP is set to 1.5 (if it has to be, I'm on 3.4oea and have to set it to 1.5 mode)?

5. Samikox

Samikox Member

Thanks so much BrewAgent. It's working great now!! :D

6. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

No prob, that's the same problem I had with mine! :p

7. DJSpawn

DJSpawn Member

I get the same error message "This game could not be started (80020148)" When I try some ISO but other Iso work fine. I thought it was the Iso itself but it works fine in my freinds PSP with the same firmware. I'v tried everything even reloading the custom firmware.
    I'm currently running 3.52 M33-2 HELP PLZ