1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.52 m33 installation problem

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ddduong, Aug 1, 2007.

1. ddduong

ddduong Member

so i was running 3.40 OE-A previously (or i still am cause i can't get 3.52 m33 to run correctly).

i followed all directions and was able to create the 3.52 m33 updater file. however, when i run it, the psp screen just turns black and goes back into the menu. what am i doing wrong or what do i need to do?

also, i guess it might be stupid but i also tried running the "run program at /psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp" to see if i could move back to my older firmware so i could try the update from there but my screen would just turn black and stay there so i pulled out the battery cause i couldn't turn it off manually. it is able to start up normally again. my question is: is my PSP still safe or did i maybe corrupt some files while doing that?

please let me know as i want to get my PSP up and running normally and i'm not sure if it is! thanks.

2. Sohn536

Sohn536 Regular member

do you have all the eboot.pbp files (352.PBP and 150.PBP

3. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Start over. Back up your memory stick and flash0. Then deep format the memory stick in windows (uncheck quick). Format it in your PSP. Copy the M33 Creator, along with 1.50 update (150.PBP) + 3.52 (352.PBP) to PSP/GAME150/. Let it do its thing. Then it will create your installer. Run it. Let it go and your done!

4. ddduong

ddduong Member

yes, i have these files. i followed all directions but the updater just doesn't seem to go through. i will try to flash my memory stick and backup the flash0 and do it again.

can anyone answer my second question though? is my PSP still safe or can it be corrupted in any way?

5. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

In theory nothing should go wrong. However, as I have just learned the recovery mode does NOT take priority over the boot. If you erase or delete a critical file in flash0, it won't even go into Recovery Mode. I'm assuming you never made complete copies of your flash0 immediately after installing 3.40oe-a, so try downgrading to 1.5. Then go back to 3.40oe-a. This time, copy the entire contents of flash0 as a backup. Then try to install M33 3.52 again normally as explained above. Oh, and don't forget to install the 3.52 update 2 after 3.52. Then run 1.50 Recovery Winstaller. If all goes well, everything should work perfectly and then make a complete copy of the newly created flash0 of this firmware.

6. ddduong

ddduong Member

okay, one last question since i'm a huge newbie to this. how exactly do i downgrade to 1.5 from here? can you lay out the exact steps i need to take?

7. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Sure. Download 1.50 downgrader: http://www.sendspace.com/file/454l5j. Connect to PSP, run the ".exe" file. Let it do its thing. Boot into Recovery and tell it to recover PSP\GAME\RECOVERY\EBOOT.PBP i believe. LEt it do its thing. Then follow this: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2732. Follow the instructions. Then download http://exophase.com/files/psp/M33UPDATE2.zip. There will be a readme.en. Rename this to readme.txt. Read it and follow instructions. You will copy a folder to PSP/GAME150/. Boot into recovery again. USB Mode with flash0. Copy the 4 files onto your desktop. USB Mode (regular) and copy back those 4 files into PSP/GAME150/352Updater and go into XMB (normal boot) and run it. It will take a matter of seconds. Run the 1.50 Recovery Wisntaller from above. Afterwords, go back into flash0 with recovery mode and copy EVERYTHING! I don't think you can copy the drive, so go into whatever letter it is and select all/copy/and keep this backup God-forbid!! Your done!

PS Thanks to all the other guys that wrote guides so I didn't have to!

8. turboner

turboner Member

hey...im having problems installing 3.52m33 on my psp now..it woked fine for a bit then i tried irshell...my psp would not reboot properly so i recovered it back to 1.50...now everytime i try to upgrade it gives me this:

"An internal error has occured.
    (8008271D)"

is my psp done for can i upgrade to anyother custom firmware still???
    im so scared!!!!lol