1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.52 M33 - Problem With Running Applications

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kabura, Aug 29, 2007.

1. kabura

kabura Member

Hi, I'm a very frustrated user due to the problem I'm having with M33. I've been using Dark Alex's 3.40 OE-A CFW for quite some time and just recently switched to 3.52 M33. The installation was painless, as I followed the instructions word for word.

However, when I tried to run 3.52 update #2, my PSP would stay in the loading state (the white screen with the PSP logo) and remain there until I manually do a hard reset. Thinking that it was just a corrupt file, I tried to run my other apps. To my horror, they all remained at the loading screen.

Mortified, I downgraded back to 1.50 and started from scratch. Each time I installed 3.52 M33, and tried to run my apps, I would get the same result as the first time. I must have tried a dozen times using different combinations based on what I've read in the forums, but to no avail.

I've tried reformatting my MS, changing from 1.5 kernel to 3.52 kernel, swapping flash0 files, etc. I just don't know what to do, or what the explanation is for this problem. It must not be that widespread as no one seems to be experiencing the same type of problem as I have. It's weird because Dark Alex's 3.40 OE-A works well with my PSP.

The reason I need 3.52 M33 is because I need the sony no-umd driver since my PSP stopped reading UMD's. If there is some way for this driver to exist on DA's CFW I would be more than happy to install it.

Can anyone shed some light on what is going on and maybe a possible fix? Thank you and I appreciate any help.

2. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

3. kabura

kabura Member

I'll give it a try.

4. OMGitsmax

OMGitsmax Member

i semi have this promlem also but i have update #3 and it gets past the white screen and goes to the black thing then stops, ill tray that thing to

5. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

follow all instructions on the screen.

6. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

follow all instructions on the screen.

7. OMGitsmax

OMGitsmax Member

Didnt work ... it said eroor 8001008 or something ....

8. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

what firmware ar u at?

9. kabura

kabura Member

I've just had the most frustrating 2 hours of my life. I've tried various things from deep reformatting my MS in Windows, reformatting my MS in PSP, resetting to default settings, downgraded to 1.50 then upgraded to 3.51 M33, and finally I tried PSPUpdater Lite and it didn't work.

Something new came up, though. A PSP BSOD now pops up when I want to go to System Settings (error code 8008271D). I think I will just stick to my 3.40 for now, until I find a solution.

10. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

* 8008271D = An internal error has occured (flash1 is corrupted

11. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

Explanation: This error comes up when you try to use emulators, homebrew, etc. on a psp with version 1.52 and higher.
    * 8008271D = An internal error has occured (flash1 is corrupted)

12. P5yLO

P5yLO Regular member

are you using irshell? i know i had some combatibilty problems switching over from OE to M33 because my irshell didnt work in m33. just a thought.

13. kabura

kabura Member

No, I don't use irshell. As for an update, I've tried deleting my flash1, but that did not fix the problem. It only made it worse. When I boot up, I only see the waves in the XMB, but no icons, and I can't hard reset anymore. The only way, I've been able to turn it off is by taking out the battery. My PSP seems very stubborn to transfer over to M33, and I hope I have not screwed my PSP up with all the upgrade/downgrade abuse I've been putting on it lately. I'm going to revert back to 1.5 again and try the 3.40 LE CWF out. I really need the Sony driver for no-umd, as my UMD tray is inoperable. I'll let you all know how that turns out.

14. kabura

kabura Member

I'm taking a breather from this. I've not gotten M33 to work at all. My latest attempt was upgrading to 3.40 LE from 1.50. It worked like a charm. LE is pretty cool. From there, I upgraded to M33. It got rid of the error code when I went to System Settings, which was cool, but I still was not able to load any apps. It would go back to the white PSP loading screen and stay there until I did a hard reset.

So I'm going back to LE at staying there until someone figures this out.