1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.60m33 2/5 games dont run..please help!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by frownie, Oct 2, 2007.

1. frownie

frownie Member

hey there i just recently got a psp slim with 3.60m33 and a 4gb card.. i managed to run tales of the world bleach4 and jeanne d'arc on it with no problems but for some reason monster hunter 2 and taiko no tatsujin 2 dont work and i keep getting the game can not be started screen. i have read previous posts and changed the umd to no sony umd and all advanced config options have been disabled..is there anything else i need to change? i currently have a locoroco umd in the umd drive but ive tried taking out but still have an error

Also i have checked the iso properties and read and hidden options are unchecked and the archieve box is checked. im officially stumped and would be very happy if someone can help me out! thanks a lot

2. guano

guano Regular member

I honestly can't think of a single reason why these wouldn't work, man. Back in the day, I woulda told you to extract the contents of the iso and recompile w/ VcdromX, but that doens't matter anymore. I think you may have a bad rip on your hands, mate. :( Try getting another version of each game. You know, it took me at least FIVE tries before I found a copy of Midnight Club that wasn't glitched. It kept freezing on me. That's why I like it when ppl upload *virgin* rips and not their own rips.

3. frownie

frownie Member

ah crud well i guess ill hunt for more of the same from somewhere..thanks for the help

4. guano

guano Regular member

Yea, np.

5. frownie

frownie Member

ok heres something i just discovered...after reformatting my memory card the isos began to work...but now if i add any new isos they dont seem to work..it appears i have to reformat again in order to make any new isos work....does anyone know anything about this?
    thanks

6. paroxy

paroxy Member

I had the same problem u were facing....i had fifa08 and PES 6..and whatever game in pasted later gave the same game could not be started error....have 2 try the format thing u mentioned....but this is really bad....its gonna be pain backing saved game and formating and then copying news games...hope some 1 comes up with a fix for this soon :p

7. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

easy explanation
    fake memstick....these seem to flooding the market some are good fakes and some are bad fakes,scroll to a memory stick icon in xmb and press triangle to get information up,now press x,what does it say next to magicgate?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  8. frownie

frownie Member

it says unknown next to the magic gate for me =/

9. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

ok you got a fake one,the real ones say supported

10. frownie

frownie Member

ah crapcake! =/ how do i tell fakes from real on ebay listings? i thought getting a 4gb for £25 was too good =(

11. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

off ebay lol you must be joking 98% of ebay memsticks are fake,try and look for one that says official,won't be cheap though