1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.71 M33 Problem.. please help!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by dragonmg, Dec 25, 2007.

1. dragonmg

dragonmg Member

Ok, so I have my Pandora battery and my Magic Memory Stick Trio version (with the Hellcat, Joker, and Pandora menus).

I just went straight to the Cementario screen and flashed the firmware to 3.71 M33-2. It says it installed sucessfully!

Problem is, that when I hit X to shut down, remove the Pandora Battery, remove the memory stick, and then turn on... it's bricked!

I checked to make sure that I can get into the recovery menu (by holding the right trigger and booting... it works), and then selecting the recovery eboot, but it's still "bricked!"

I get the Sony Screen at the beginning, and you can see the wallpaper "move" momentarily. Then, it hangs up before going to the XMB. The date, time, and battery indicator are greyed out, and it just STOPS.

I tried re-flashing it a couple of times... with no luck. It does the exact same thing every single time.

I thought of downgrading to 1.50 firmware, then up to 3.52 M33-4, but for some reason, I can't get the Pandora battery to flash the firmware back to 1.50. It will just go back up to the top-level Pandora menu (with the Joker, hellcat, and desprar al cementario menus), or else it will go black.

Please help. I JUST got this PSP brand new (it's a PSP FAT) from a still-sealed box. (I got really lucky, they had ONE FAT PSP left!)

Can anyone help me out? I tried searching in the forum, but I can't find ANYTHING that replicates this problem I am having!

2. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

in the recovery menu go to Advanced Configuration and try this option

Format Flash1 and reset settings

3. dragonmg

dragonmg Member

Oh, I almost forgot. When I go into the Pandora Battery splash screen, and I select the Joker Menu (to activate the menu folders), everything goes black. Somehting is going on in the background (Memory Stick indicator Flashes), and after a given amount of time, i can press X and get it to flash again (so the screen is black, but the menus are still there), so I can go through by memory (kind of hard), but I still end up in the same place (greyed screen, semi bricked (?)).

It's really unnerving.

Can anyone help?

4. dragonmg

dragonmg Member

smlvfx:

Ok, I will try that now.

UPDATE:

IT WORKED!

Thanks a MILLION!