1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.71 M33 SLIM-CORRUPTED DATA

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ahmedz123, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ahmedz123

ahmedz123 Member

I bought a slim psp of ebay which has the 3.71 M33 firmware. I have downloaded worms2 and it is a CSO file. When I open my PSP folder in my computer it comes up with the folder PSP. When i go into that folder it comes up with the folders APP and SYSTEM. I created a new folder called GAME and put the cso file in there. HOwever when I try to load it it says corrupted file and will not play.

2. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

you need to create a folder called ISO in the root of your memorystick, the same place where it says psp, not in the psp folder. Place the iso in there and go to game on your xmb, then press x...

3. ahmedz123

ahmedz123 Member

Sorry for sounding dumb but whats a xmb?

4. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

its the screen that shows when you start up your psp..

5. ahmedz123

ahmedz123 Member

Does the psp have to have a UMD in it?

6. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

depends what your settings are on, do you know how to get into recovery mode?

7. ahmedz123

ahmedz123 Member

NOt to sure. Its my 1st day of owning a PSP. I cant afford new games so I went for this option. Now i cant even get this to work!
    Wont recovery mode reset my psp?

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Hit select button when in the XMB (PSP main menu) The VSH menu should come up. Go down to UMD ISO MODE and press right on the D-Pad till you see Sony NP9660. Now go down to Exit and press X to exit out of the menu. The game should now work without a UMD in the Bay.

9. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

No. Switch psp right off by holding switsh on side up for about 5 seconds. It will switch off totally. Switch back on while holdind right shoulder button this will take you into recovery. Then go down to configuration and go toumd mode. Press on this an it will change to m33 driver no umd. then exit recovery. Then go to game, you now dont need a umd in drive..

10. ahmedz123

ahmedz123 Member

I have created the new ISO folder but now it is saying 'there are no games'

11. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

Have you put the game in there?

12. ahmedz123

ahmedz123 Member

It i salready set to noumd- I have copied the cso file straight into the ISO folder. Once i am in the ISO folder to i have to create a nother folder for individual games? Shall i try a different game?

13. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

If you have put the game in the iso folder all you have to do ig to game on the xmb and run it.

14. ahmedz123

ahmedz123 Member

I have gone straight to game, arrow down to memory stick and press o. still saying 'there are no games'

What if i want to put another game in the ISO folder? Do i have to make another folder in the ISO folder or paste it where the 1st game is? Sorry for bothering you again and again

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Make sure it is set to Sony NP9660 option and not just NO UMD option. The Sony NP9660 has a better compatibility with games then what the normal NO UMD has.

Why are you creating a separate folder for the game? Did sn0wman1 tell you to? I can't read anywhere of them saying to create a game folder inside the ISO folder. All they said was to create a ISO folder and place the ISO/CSO in that folder. Do not create any other folder for the games inside the ISO folder.

You shouldn't even have had to create the ISO folder if you have 3.71 M33 custom firmware installed. Formating the memory stick should put all the correct folders you need on the memory stick.

So try formating your memory Stick under System Settings and then place the CSO file in the ISO folder. Then play it via Game Menu Memory Stick. Make sure the UMD ISO mode setting is set to Sony NP9660.

16. ahmedz123

ahmedz123 Member

[LARRY-I SALUTE YOU. FORMAT DONE THE TRICK, CHEERS MATE, ALSO BIG THANKS TO SNOW. I LOOK FORWARDING TO BEING ON THIS FORUM

quote=larrylje]Make sure it is set to Sony NP9660 option and not

just NO UMD option. The Sony NP9660 has a better compatibility with games then what the normal NO UMD has.

Why are you creating a separate folder for the game? Did sn0wman1 tell you to? I can't read anywhere of them saying to create a game folder inside the ISO folder. All they said was to create a ISO folder and place the ISO/CSO in that folder. Do not create any other folder for the games inside the ISO folder.

You shouldn't even have had to create the ISO folder if you have 3.71 M33 custom firmware installed. Formating the memory stick should put all the correct folders you need on the memory stick.

So try formating your memory Stick under System Settings and then place the CSO file in the ISO folder. Then play it via Game Menu Memory Stick. Make sure the UMD ISO mode setting is set to Sony NP9660.[/quote]

17. ahmedz123

ahmedz123 Member

If i want to add another game shall i put it in the same folder? do i get an option to selelct the game?

18. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

yes just put in same folder. all games will show up in game on xmb..

19. ultracat

ultracat Member

Hi, total psp noob here. I just got a psp slim pre-modded from ebay. I have a few games in .iso and .cso format. My slim is: version 1.50 >> m33 3.71 and I have it set to NP9660 NO UMD. I have an 8gb sony magicgate pro duo memory stick that's been formatted on this psp. I have copied a few games into the root\ISO folder on the memory stick. Here's my problem. Sometimes after I transfer a game to the ISO folder, when I go to games they are not there. I say sometimes because if I load, say, Syphon Filter .cso on there then i can see it and play it no problem. Then I load a different game and it's not visible, even though I copied it over without any error message. Here's the weird part. If I then delete all the .iso/.cso files and load the exact same files back on, it will be different. For example, the second time around maybe Syphon Filter won't be accessible but the other one will. I notice this usually happens after I load more than 4 games onto the stick. Is there a limited number of 'slots' for games or something? Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm a total noob at this and fairly lost.

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

This is a common issue with FAKE memory sticks. Allot of 4GB and 8GB sticks bought off Ebay are fake. Go to your Game Menu Memory Stick and press triangle. A sidebar will come out with a information option click on it and see what the Magicgate is listed as. If it says Unknown or Unsupported then the memory Stick is fake.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007