1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.71M33-2 Question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by DJSkeeter, Oct 21, 2007.

1. DJSkeeter

DJSkeeter Guest

I just downgraded my PSP to Version 1.50. I had 3.40, then i upgraded it to 3.50 to use the Lumines Downgrade. Now i'm looking around and doing research, now I'm finding out i can do the upgrade to 3.52M33-4 Then to 3.71M33-2 so i can play homebrew and current PSP games. Is this correct? All I have to do is follow the above guide? Another question, do i have to keep my same memory card in all the time to use this? Thanks all

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

yes, you can upgrade because you're back at 1.50. follow the guides, and you'll upgrade with no problems.

you can just use one memory card throughout the whole upgrade process. but if it's your main memory card, copy everything to the computer first.

3. DJSkeeter

DJSkeeter Guest

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess what i am asking, is all of the custom firmware on my PSP or on my Memory card? After i do this upgrade, do i have to keep that memory card in my psp or can i reformat it to make it clean? Also, is there instructions for what i do after I down load it? Or do i just play it like normal and download EMUs like normal? Or will there be some adjustments and some specials process i have to do?

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

once the custom firmware is on your psp, meaning it's installed, you can reformat the memory stick. the files don't need to be on the memory stick once it's flashed to the psp.

go HERE for a detailed guide on how to install 3.52 m33-4.

once you have 3.52 m33-4 on the psp, go HERE for instructions to install 3.71 m33-2 and 1.50 kernel addon.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  5. DJSkeeter

DJSkeeter Guest

Thanks so much, you really helped out!

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

no probs. and happy gaming on your cfw psp.

i take no credit in the guides. they are made by aD member larrylje, so he gets all credit.