1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.90M33 remote play won't work.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by drdre74, Feb 4, 2008.

1. drdre74

drdre74 Member

I use to be able to connect with remote play back when it first came out. Now I'm on 3.90m33 and my ps3 is 2.10 or whatever the last update was. I've put in the same info on my psp and ps3 to connect but it says that the PS3 cant be found on my psp even after I've synced it like 5 times. I use to be able to at least get the PS3 to turn on when i had 3.80. I also checked my psp flash with that Chilly willy program and it said everything was fine.

2. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

try downgrading the psp to 3.80m33

3. drdre74

drdre74 Member

awhile back I tried that 3.71 remote play hack but it didn't work. Could that be messing up my psp from working on 3.90M33? I just figured that the upgrade would save over it.

4. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

it overwrites the firmware

5. nick48

nick48 Member

Dark_aleX put in something in 3.80 m33 and 3.90 m33 that would let you use remote play without enabling atrac, try re-installing the firmware.

6. 3rdfnlbst

3rdfnlbst Member

I am having the same issue, after deciding to upgrade from 3.71 m33-4 I figured to hell w/ psx games on psp. I bought the games that I wanted to play for psx again, and i also have them on my xbox. But now I can't get my slim psp running 3.90 m33-2 to work with remote play with my ps3. I bought a used 20 gig for cheap, so no built in wireless for me. I cannot seem to connect to my ps3, the connection keeps timing out, or it cannot find the ps3 at all.... It syncs no problem, but once trying to access it, it fails. I just installed 3.90 yesterday, so If there was something added to the 3.90, I should have installed it.

7. BrendanL

BrendanL Regular member

Maybe you overclocked the PSP. I know you can't connect to the Internet if the PSP is overclocked. Set the clock speed to default and try again.

8. 3rdfnlbst

3rdfnlbst Member

ok i just tried that, and i still get the connection to the ps3 has timed out. Any more suggestions??

9. drdre74

drdre74 Member

I've pretty much just given up on remote play on my psp.

10. BrendanL

BrendanL Regular member

Are you able to connect to the Internet? Like try going to a website through the Internet browser.

11. 3rdfnlbst

3rdfnlbst Member

Yes I am, I was able to navigate through ebay with no problem. And that was when my PSP was over clocked.

12. lamalas

lamalas Member

I'm having the same issue. I just recently upgraded from 3.40 OE to 3.90 M33-2 and can't get remote play to work.

I've run the gamut of setting the connections up manually on both my PS3 and PSP as well as letting the systems set themselves up automatically.

I am simply getting a generic error that the access point (my PS3) can't be found when trying to connect directly. If I try and connect through my router, it generates the error saying the PS3 that I'm registered with can't be found.

No issues with connecting to the internet on either system either.

13. drdre74

drdre74 Member

Yeah same thing here. I can get on the internet and everything is fine but i got the same issues.