1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 cds to 1 dvd

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by wraith23, Sep 19, 2004.

1. wraith23

wraith23 Member

Hi everyone...recently I came along a dilemma, I ran out of cds I have to burn a game that has 3 .iso files(thats 3 cds) so I figured I could burn them all into 1 dvd, I tried to make 1 only .iso image with ultraISO but it didn't work... anybody have an idea of how can I burn this?? thanks

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I could be wrong but I don't think that you can burn files meant for CDR onto a DVDR and have it work.

3. wraith23

wraith23 Member

I guess you could be right, but theres something in which I beg to differ... since for a only one .iso image alcohol120% asks you if you wish to burn the cd image unto a dvd... im not saying is possible but there might be a way to get 2 or more cds into a dvd... my problem making the only 1 .iso image, was that after installing cd 1 setup, it did not find cd 2 setup, even though it was inside the same dvd image...

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

There are DVD compliant ISO images as well, ISO just stands for International Standards Organization. So do you still differ with me on that one point?

5. wraith23

wraith23 Member

I agree with you completely about the different formats... what im thinking of, is the reason in which alcohol120% can transform a standard cd .iso and burn it to a standard dvd .iso... and this I know it works (cause ive done it (with only one cd)), thats my only point in which I differ...

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

wraith23

Let's say that it does work (but it won't) then the player would still have to be able to read DVDs and the files on it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."[/small]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  7. wraith23

wraith23 Member

I finally made it work!!! thanks anyways...

8. patient0

patient0 Member

could you explain how to do that?

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I doubt it.

10. patient0

patient0 Member

see, what i did was extract the iso's with winiso then burnt all the files to the main / dir on the dvd... which should work for other ISo's and installers- except for the game i was burning doesn't allow you to direct it to the files for discs 2 and 3 and isn't smart enough to pick them up in the same dir... so it doesn't work :(

11. wraith23

wraith23 Member

Well what I did, was extract the 3 cd's with UltraISO, now with the first cd there's no problem, the problems comes, after the 1st cd installation, it asks you for the 2nd one.... now each ISO comes with its own autotun and info files. If you open each file it contains the exact same information in all 3 cds (thats the problem). So the only thing you have to do is modify (or create a new autorun and info files), creating for each cd a different pointer assignation, after you have done all this you can burn all 3 images in one dvd .iso extension image... and thats all about it.... try it and let me know....
    PS I recommend that you use alcohol120% to try your compilation image before you burn it to a dvd, this way if the programming's wrong you wont waste any dvd and you can try again..
    :)

12. wraith23

wraith23 Member

Well what I did, was extract the 3 cd's with UltraISO, now with the first cd there's no problem, the problems comes, after the 1st cd installation, it asks you for the 2nd one.... now each ISO comes with its own autotun and info files. If you open each file it contains the exact same information in all 3 cds (thats the problem). So the only thing you have to do is modify (or create a new autorun and info files), creating for each cd a different pointer assignation, after you have done all this you can burn all 3 images in one dvd .iso extension image... and thats all about it.... try it and let me know....
    PS I recommend that you use alcohol120% to try your compilation image before you burn it to a dvd, this way if the programming's wrong you wont waste any dvd and you can try again..

13. wraith23

wraith23 Member